What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Perth Red

Post Whore
  • 2027 West Coast Pirates entry
  • 2029 South Island Keas entry
  • 2031 Brisbane 3 entry
Wont all be announced at once but I expect the pirates to formally be announced as the 18th team. What will also be announced is the
NRL’s plan to expand to 20 teams by 2032.

I’ve got the feeling the Bears are just being strung along atm and we won’t be seeing them in the NRL anytime soon. PNG will be strung along also but what will eventually happen is the money by the federal gov will go towards grassroots and a 2nd Qcup side. 2nd NZ side will be the 19th team but won’t be announced until next year at the earliest. Brisbane 3 will happen and will be run by East’s but who knows what the team will be called.

That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
That would be the ideal.

i thnk we’ll get perth announced as club 18 ( details tbc) and a plan for png next 5 or 6 years

no announcement on club 20. I think they’ll leave that decision for a few years and see how nz develops, if png happens and if dolphins tank or not.

T to the T

Juniors
Those wanting the South Island Keas need to realise that David Moffett who was NRL CEO when the game was killing clubs, is leading this bid. The man cannot be trusted. Do not give matches to the arsonist. Any other NZ2 bid than his 👍

Perth Red

Post Whore
Those wanting the South Island Keas need to realise that David Moffett who was NRL CEO when the game was killing clubs, is leading this bid. The man cannot be trusted. Do not give matches to the arsonist. Any other NZ2 bid than his 👍
It’ll be interesting to find out who the third nz bid is?

Pippen94

First Grade

There's two other nz2

Pippen94

First Grade
That would be the ideal.

i thnk we’ll get perth announced as club 18 ( details tbc) and a plan for png next 5 or 6 years

no announcement on club 20. I think they’ll leave that decision for a few years and see how nz develops, if png happens and if dolphins tank or not.

Bears or bust

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, ask questions instead of just accepting what some want you to think..
So despite numerous media articles talking about the Perth bid, and the Perth bid lead talking about the planning and various meetings they have had and are having you still don’t believe it’s real? Cuckoo cuckoo

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I predict that Brian Potplant, pipsqueak, donkey bong, wbtiktok and the rest of the peanut gallery will continue to troll.

Pippen94

First Grade
So despite numerous media articles talking about the Perth bid, and the Perth bid lead talking about the planning and various meetings they have had and are having you still don’t believe it’s real? Cuckoo cuckoo

All driven by Cumins. Still no details. Bears, NRL & wa government may have spoken to each other tho..

MugaB

Coach
Plot twist: Peter Vlandys has an LU account and he's regularly on here checking. He's going to award the team to the user who makes the most posts boosting their bid and shitting on all the others.

Perth Red is in the lead.
Wery wery funny

95b927a47e7ed17f22d0d6b5b4f37afe.jpeg.jpg

I believe they will announce perth is never getting a team because reasons.

18th team will be png with $60M a year from aus govt.
19th team will be png 2 with 60B yuan a year from the chinese government
And team 20 will be png 3 with 60B rubles a year from Vladdy P's frozen russian state reserves
I would be surprised if Perth didn't get one of the next three licences.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I suspect that they'll announce that they've given PNG a provisional license with an eye to them entering the league some time around 2030 and that the 18th team will be the "Perth" Bears/Jets (almost certainly Bears) to enter in either 2026 or 2027. I also expect them to refrain from announcing the 20th team until a later date, but may or may not choose to announce that NZ is the preferred market.

What should happen is Perth should be given a license to enter in 26/27 independent of any other entity, then the NRL should sit and let them and the Dolphins settle in for at least a couple years before reviewing expansion. If things are going well expand to both NZ and Adelaide, keeping Brisbane in the pocket if either fall through.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but I wouldn’t go anywhere near Adelaide. I haven’t heard a thing from the SA government about wanting an NRL team, nor anything from the corporate sector there. State of Origin hasn’t sold out there in the past. It’s a hard pass for me. I’d go Darwin before Adelaide.