What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

siv

First Grade
I would like to see a plan as follows which allows for fixing the development pathways issues

2025 - National RG
2026 - National U21s + 2 NRLW (Storm & Souths)
2028 - 18th Team + 2 NRLW (Manly & Penrith)
2030 - 19th Team + 2 NRLW (Redcliffe & 18)
2032 - 20th Team + 2 NRLW teams (19 & 20)

2025 - Revamp NSW Cup with NSW Country divisions & Adelaide
2026 - Darwin & Perth to join Qld Cup

Also I would like a review of coaching accreditation's for development teams from U15 to RG

Pippen94

First Grade
Off the top of my head I can think of...
(In no specific order)

Known bids

1 PNG
2 WA's NRL Bid (Pirates)
3 The Bears (which may join forces with number 2, or whoever else will entertain them.
4 South Island NRL Bid (the one linked with Frank Endacott - branding TBC)
5 South Island Kea (Moffatt)
6 Brisbane Easts (was Firehawks, branding TBC)

Possibles:

7 Western Corridor (As per previous Brisbane Bid round)
8 Brisbane Bombers (not sure if they'd re-launch a Bid.. is there any appetite from those involved to go again?)

Then there's places that were putting their hands up before but passed over - Wellington, Central Queensland, Central Coast particularly - which may be outside chances.. maybe just stepping forward to get on the NRL's desk, with a more realistic eye to when we go beyond 20 teams.

There's an Fiji bid. Pirates don't exist.

Pippen94

First Grade
I think you can pretty much split it in to 2 groups at this stage.

18-20: Perth, South Island, Brisbane 3 & PNG.

And if and when it ever happens..
21-24: Whoever misses out above + Adelaide, Wellington, Sunshine Coast, CQ, Auckland 2, Melbourne 2, Hamilton, Central Coast & Fiji.

Lol, there's no bids from any of those places

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Souths got back in, Manly got back in, and now the bears will probably live on. Balmain live through the Tigers brand and Leichhardt Oval.

Western Suburbs Magpies seemed to lose their identity the most and obviously (not Sydney, but) the Steelers identity was taken over.

Overall though, we have less teams in Sydney allowing the surviving ones more room which is a good thing and the game has moved forward.
I didn’t say it’s not a good thing.

The outrageous part is the pain being behind us as a city. We are still dealing with that fallout from it.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The best outcome for the Bears is to a) retain the black and white colours, b) not have "Perth" in the logo and c) have NSDRLC on the back of the Jersey. If they get that then they're doing better than the Fitzroy Lions, who lost one of their colours when they became the Brisbane Lions.

That’s Western Suburbs colours not Norths.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
No it's not, he us right, we are almost back to where we were in 95, but in a far better position than the clubs were back then, and better positioned to take on more clubs from non heartland areas
I was only referring to the bold part not the overall message.

flippikat

Bench
The intriguing thing is that the field of bids is going to evolve coming out of this.

Obviously if a bid is chosen, it exits that pool & takes their place at the table.. but the key thing I'm keen to see is some kinda indication towards 19th and 20th team.

I also want to see some kinda moves that placate bids that miss out - doesn't have to be "Hey, stay in there.. we might go past 20 sometime.." but the consolation prize of regular games in those unlucky markers.. or a 2nd tier team.. or.. well SOMETHING to go on (whether it's a pathway towards an eventual NRL team or not) would be cool.

Please provide a written statement confirming this from the ARLC or STFU!
Don't be a dumbarse.

Peter Cumins and God knows how many people from Western Australia have told you the team needs to be based in Perth and play all of its home games there if it is to be embraced by locals. Whether you like it or not, the fact remains that Perth hold the whip hand. Without support from Western Australians it will fall over. Bears fans like you can rant all you like. It doesn't change the fact that what you want is irrelevant.

I’m not.

However saying Sydney as a city has gotten over what happened couldn’t be further for the truth.
You've done nothing but whinge and grandstand about the Bears since you returned from hibernation.

Whether you like or not, the fact remains that the Bears have very little to offer Perth and the NRL. Bugger all money. Bugger all fans. Juniors can be provided by a number of clubs.

Contrary to the bullshit pushed by the Bears, the club doesn't have 200k fans waiting for their return. When the club existed it drew mediocre crowds to NSO. Many of their actual fans are now dead.