What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

How do you know how much money it
Will make at nso ?

stop shifting the goal posts

if your against it for nso then magic should be stopped too Brisbane has two teams

lol
NSO has a capacity od about 10k.

PRS has a capacity of 20.5k.

Corporate facilities at NSO are shithouse.

The clubs and NRL will never vote for an end to Magic Round. They make too much money out of it.

NSO provides nothing of value to anyone. It's just a nostalgia kick for old Bears fans who want to pretend it's 1983.

Wb1234

Referee
NSO has a capacity od about 10k.

PRS has a capacity of 20.5k.

Corporate facilities at NSO are shithouse.

The clubs and NRL will never vote for an end to Magic Round. They make too much money out of it.

NSO provides nothing of value to anyone. It's just a nostalgia kick for old Bears fans who want to pretend it's 1983.
So you’ve been ? Lol

siv

First Grade
Maybe look at the population and wealth of the north shore of Sydney ?

good place to start

Starts at the northern end of the harbour bridge all the way out to Asquith to the north and lane cove, then east across military rd taking in Mosman to the southern edge of the spit bridge
And continue up to Lake Munmorah and Morrisett

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I agree with your first sentence, but respectfully disagree on your follow-up stance about V'landys. I don't genuinely believe he is pushing for the Bears, he has shown in the past that what he says and what he does are two very different things. I think he is very good at drawing attention to the NRL, often through bombastic and outlandish statements that draw attention but may not necessarily be true. It's just his personality.

But ultimately I look at where the game is at right now and we've never been stronger. Record crowds, memberships and tv ratings. And we're going to continue getting stronger. So I think he's doing a good job.

As for the Sydney media, we all know they're parasites and for them it's all about click-bait articles. They don't genuinely care about the Bears, they're just writing clickbait stories about them to draw interest. And keep their jobs.

In case TLDR, I think the whole Perth Bears thing has been blown completely out of proportion. I don't think it will happen, which is why I have been ridiculing the concept since I first heard of it.
Steve Mascord had the best description of Vlandy's I've heard. He uses conservative language (suburban grounds, tribalism, rusted on AFL states, has a shot at AFL etc), but his actions are progressive (expansion, Vegas, Pacific Cup every year, new sponsors to the game, bigger crowds, huge TV ratings, record revenue) and as a result has been able to capture both sides of RL politics so to speak and get stuff done.

flippikat

Bench
Steve Mascord had the best description of Vlandy's I've heard. He uses conservative language (suburban grounds, tribalism, rusted on AFL states, has a shot at AFL etc), but his actions are progressive (expansion, Vegas, Pacific Cup every year, new sponsors to the game, bigger crowds, huge TV ratings, record revenue) and as a result has been able to capture both sides of RL politics so to speak and get stuff done.
That's a very shrewd observation by Steve - and thinking about it now, strikes me as a clever strategy by Vlandys to get the traditionalists AND the expansionists on board with his leadership.

Past lead administrators (CEO and/or Chairman) haven't been able to find a way to do that - and just lean one way or the other.. pissing off one side until they get hounded out before achieving anything.

Maximus

Coach
Reality also is 150 million isn’t enough

it should be 300 million for a totally new stand full of corporate seating like the western side of commbank

Aren't you the guy who claimed all of the following:

1. Cairns would get a NRL quality stadium for significantly less than 150m
2. PNG would get an upgraded stadium with no money
3. An entire secured compound big enough to house 40+ families, with all new infrastructure being built, would be built for 100m

Wb1234

Referee
Steve Mascord had the best description of Vlandy's I've heard. He uses conservative language (suburban grounds, tribalism, rusted on AFL states, has a shot at AFL etc), but his actions are progressive (expansion, Vegas, Pacific Cup every year, new sponsors to the game, bigger crowds, huge TV ratings, record revenue) and as a result has been able

How does a game at NSO provide any of that?
One off game at nso

Assume 20k capacity

tickets will go from 100 to 1000

reanimate

Bench
Taking a lowly rated manly game away from Perth isn’t a big thing

it’s one of their least marketable games
If the WA team is the Perth Bears and all 12 games are in Perth, the Manly game might be one of their biggest. If the old Bears fans are desperate to see the Bears vs Manly again, it might be the one game every year they choose to fly over and see them play at home.