What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Wb1234

Referee
According to Austadiums it only has a capacity of 10k.

Reduced due to safety issues

if I had to guess the tiny entrances to the ground don’t allow fast exit in an emergency

Reduced due to safety issues

if I had to guess the tiny entrances to the ground don’t allow fast exit in an emergency
That's right. There needs to be enough space on the hills for people to to enter and exit the ground quickly. In the old days people were packed in like sardines. They're not allowed to do that anymore.

A few modifications
Go back to 22,000 crowd's
Like it used to be
Don't the hills need to have empty aisle ways to provide easy access to and from the exits?

Jamberoo

Juniors
Most of them are dead.
Unless the life expectancy in North Sydney lower than everywhere else then the vast majority are alive and kicking.

Also, Billy Moore said on NRL360 that today’s meeting with NS and Perth was very good. He spoke is if it was happening and said they ‘might get a game’ at NSO. I would suggest they won’t.

blue bags

First Grade
That's right. There needs to be enough space on the hills for people to to enter and exit the ground quickly. In the old days people were packed in like sardines. They're not allowed to do that anymore.

Don't the hills need to have empty aisle ways to provide easy access to and from the exits?
Off course
Safety issues
Insurance
In modern days is important
A lot of restrictions. Modifications
Modern facilities
Gabba. Mcg. Scg. Adelaide oval
All kept up to what's needed now

Wb1234

Referee

When I went it was a tiny entrance with turnstiles that had maybe two rows coming in at once

not sure if there was an entry on the hill side but there probably was

that’s what I meant needs to be upgraded and things like disabled toilets and ramps etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the WA team is the Perth Bears and all 12 games are in Perth, the Manly game might be one of their biggest. If the old Bears fans are desperate to see the Bears vs Manly again, it might be the one game every year they choose to fly over and see them play at home.
Manly fans won’t go to allianz, you think they’re going to fly across the country?

Nuke

Staff member
If the WA team is the Perth Bears and all 12 games are in Perth, the Manly game might be one of their biggest. If the old Bears fans are desperate to see the Bears vs Manly again, it might be the one game every year they choose to fly over and see them play at home.
Or...
They could just wait for the Manly home game at Brookie.

If the ARLC does add Perth as the 18th team then they should look at creating a Magic Round for Perth. The teams that "host" a home game at Magic Round Brisbane play "away" in Magic Round Perth. Helps the NRL grow the game in a new market. Would need to be held on a weekend when the Friday is a public holiday in Perth. I'd imagine this is something the WA Gov would love. It's also something AwFuL would hate.

Would the WA Premier create a public holiday for this event?

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
The Lions should be using the red and blue coloues of Fitzroy. The maroon doesn't fit in.
Fitzroy wore maroon for 90 years from their inception. They were knows as the Maroons till the 1930s. The Brisbane Lions away uniform (with the red) reflects Fitzroy's uniform from the 70s (when they dropped the maroon) till their forced merger/take over.

Fitzroy wore maroon for 90 years from their inception. They were knows as the Maroons till the 1930s. The Brisbane Lions away uniform (with the red) reflects Fitzroy's uniform from the 70s (when the dropped the maroon) till their forced merger/take over.
I didn't know that about Fitzroy. It is as if they were destined to relocate to Brisbane.

The red/blue looks better than the maroon/blue. With the maroon they look like wannabe Broncos.

reanimate

Bench
Manly fans won’t go to allianz, you think they’re going to fly across the country?
I was talking about Bears fans.
Or...
They could just wait for the Manly home game at Brookie.
True. The point still stands though, the Bears fans would supposedly pack out NSO no matter what, so it would make more sense to have lower drawing teams play there. The games vs Manly are the ones Bears fans are keen to see, they’d be more likely to fly over to Perth to see Bears vs Manly at home over games like Bears vs Titans.

Vlad59

Juniors
Unless the life expectancy in North Sydney lower than everywhere else then the vast majority are alive and kicking.

Also, Billy Moore said on NRL360 that today’s meeting with NS and Perth was very good. He spoke is if it was happening and said they ‘might get a game’ at NSO. I would suggest they won’t.
Sense of humour not your strong point? Fact is they are either dead or 25 years older so likely over 50. And no new generation of fans as they have been in oblivion. Obvious is obvious.

Vlad59

Juniors
If the ARLC does add Perth as the 18th team then they should look at creating a Magic Round for Perth. The teams that "host" a home game at Magic Round Brisbane play "away" in Magic Round Perth. Helps the NRL grow the game in a new market. Would need to be held on a weekend when the Friday is a public holiday in Perth. I'd imagine this is something the WA Gov would love. It's also something AwFuL would hate.

Would the WA Premier create a public holiday for this event?
That last sentence truly is potato