What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Pippen94

First Grade
The argument from the other side is that we don't want a Perth team..well as a matter of fact I want a team in Cambodia, Japan and Saudi Arabia! I wish that the greatest game of all was played everywhere! Fact is, it's only possible to do incrementally.. any step too far ends up being a step backwards through lost audience capture, funding and talent.
The Bears offers some audience capture, funding and talent.. that makes it possible a step not too far...

What Singleton is alluding to, is that based on his look under the hood with his acute business acumen, Perth is in fact a step too far.
If we go to Perth it has to be very strategic and calculated risk that we are willing to bare.
I'm really keen on Perth but there's better options to step forward, grow more and consolidate that growth before such a leap.

Yep. A Perth team which is sustainable & self funding would be great for the game. Any bid must clear that bar..

final say

Juniors
If we go to Perth then we can forget about any other expansion project for 20 years.
That's probably true but it won't be the case. I think they'll be 19 and 20 to be back in heartland Ipswich.
If there's a perfect plan it's this:
Dolphins 2023
Christchurch 2026
Perth 2029
Brisbane Olympics- with Rugby league to make it into the Olympics! ( maybe as 9s)
Lockeyer Valley Jets (Walker brothers first dual NRL coaches)... all
2032 .

That's probably true but it won't be the case. I think they'll be 19 and 20 to be back in heartland Ipswich.
If there's a perfect plan it's this:
Dolphins 2023
Christchurch 2026
Perth 2029
Brisbane Olympics- with Rugby league to make it into the Olympics! ( maybe as 9s)
Lockeyer Valley Jets (Walker brothers first dual NRL coaches)... all
2032 .
Ipswich Jets aren't bidding for an NRL licence. The "Brisbane Jets" trademark wasn't renewed.

final say

Juniors
At least I don’t lie about my birthplace. Made a total dick of yourself there old boy. We’re all still laughing at you over that one!
We? Can you name them? Can you name me? In what context can Final Say be humiliated by Vlad ?
So I lied about who Final say is ?
Be honest, do you think my real name is Final say ?

Vlad59

Bench
We? Can you name them? Can you name me? In what context can Final Say be humiliated by Vlad ?
So I lied about who Final say is ?
Be honest, do you think my real name is Final say ?
Nice try little man. You got exposed on the NZ thread and you know it. It was hilarious. And it still triggers you.

We'll see in due course if Singleton is right.

He's not wrong about the television ratings and amount of registered players in Perth being dubious. FTA is 8k and PTV was 5k in 2017. Player base is a little over 4k.

That's not an attack on RL in Perth. It's a reminder that a lot of work needs to be done to make RL a major sport in Perth. Giving an NRL licence to Cumins isn't going to elevate rugby league to the same level as fumbleball in Perth.

A study found NBL has a higher profile than NRL in Perth. The same NBL that @Colk claimed is "niche of niche" and compared to ABL.