What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

MugaB

Coach
The Gold Coast Suns draw fewer TV viewers in Brisbane than an AwFuL game that doesn't feature a Queensland team.

In Brisbane, the Lions averaged 48,000 in 2023 – +17% YoY – (including a season high of 80,000), while the Suns managed 22,000 per game (no movement). Games involving neither side rated 26,000, (To be fair the Suns are Gold Coast based, but did struggle at the lower end of the ratings).​
Who cares

Then don't bother dipshìt...

And if WA can support 1 team, Vic can support 2 teams, both are afl run cities, the population in each can handle more sides.. your just too parochial towards RL heartlands to see it..
More bullshit from the resident nutjob.

Melbourne cannot support two NRL teams. Melbourne 2 would cannibalise the Storm. The Storm work because they unite Victorians.

There's not enough support in Sydney for two AwFuL clubs. Fumbleball is far more ingrained in Sydney than rugby league is in Melbourne.

jim_57

Staff member
I'm not a fan of playing games at NSO. However if it's just one game, and Perth get eleven, it will be the same amount home games the Western Reds had back in '95.

For extra context only 4/17 clubs will play all 12 home games in their city/area this year.

Broncos, Cowboys, Knights & Dragons will play all 12 home games at their home ground(s).Titans and Panthers you can maybe make an argument that Suncorp & Bathurst isn’t completely out of their area.

Point is 11 games probably isn’t the end of the world, so long as that doesn’t become 10 or 9 I can live with it. Once you account for the NRL needing 10 home teams for Magic & Vegas then add in country games it doesn’t leave a whole lot of clubs with their full contingent of home games being played at their main home ground.

MugaB

Coach
For extra context only 4/17 clubs will play all 12 home games in their city/area this year.

Broncos, Cowboys, Knights & Dragons will play all 12 home games at their home ground(s).Titans and Panthers you can maybe make an argument that Suncorp & Bathurst isn’t completely out of their area.

Point is 11 games probably isn’t the end of the world, so long as that doesn’t become 10 or 9 I can live with it. Once you account for the NRL needing 10 home teams for Magic & Vegas then add in country games it doesn’t leave a whole lot of clubs with their full contingent of home games being played at their main home ground.
Except for donk's favourite 2nd team the bronx who always manage to get their full 12 home games and an away magic round... probably away dolphins, and whoever the fưck else gift them a suncorp match up
Yet still pets need to get fed and donks cant be bothered to travel to Milton

Steel Saints

Juniors

Not surprised that there is only four teams with the full allocated of 12 home games. However do we want a comp where some teams have 12 home games, while others have 11 or even less?

Plus a team like the Wests Tigers will have four home grounds next season- Leichhardt, Commbank, Campbelltown and Suncorp (Magic).

When i started following footy, each team had 11 home games and only had one home ground. Once in a while there was a game in Perth or Adelaide. It seemed simpler back than.

If Perth ends up with 11 games in WA, it will be just like the old days.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
Not surprised that there is only four teams with the full allocated of 12 home games. However do we want a comp where some teams have 12 home games, while others have 11 or even less?

Plus a team like the Wests Tigers will have four home grounds next season- Leichhardt, Commbank, Campbelltown and Suncorp (Magic).

When i started following footy, each team had 11 home games and only had one home ground. Once in a while there was a game in Perth or Adelaide. It seemed simpler back than.

If Perth ends up with 11 games in WA, it will be just like the old days.

Who cares?! Whatever is best for business.

Except for donk's favourite 2nd team the bronx who always manage to get their full 12 home games and an away magic round... probably away dolphins, and whoever the fưck else gift them a suncorp match up
Yet still pets need to get fed and donks cant be bothered to travel to Milton
I live rent free in your brain cell, hey?

Milhouse2020

Juniors
More bullshit from the resident nutjob.

Melbourne cannot support two NRL teams. Melbourne 2 would cannibalise the Storm. The Storm work because they unite Victorians.

There's not enough support in Sydney for two AwFuL clubs. Fumbleball is far more ingrained in Sydney than rugby league is in Melbourne.

"The Storm work because they unite Victorians."

That's a very fair and valid point.

Milhouse2020

Juniors
Just like the warriors in NZ....
Oh wait there's a roofed stadium going up in Christchurch.... Quick put a franchise there

Christchurch makes more sense than a second Victorian team. Why? Because you can tap into the rivalry between the North and South island of NZ. Hope that makes things clearer for you.

MugaB

Coach
Christchurch makes more sense than a second Victorian team. Why? Because you can tap into the rivalry between the North and South island of NZ. Hope that makes things clearer for you.
No fưkwit.... nothing what you say "makes anything clearer for you" do you just copy and paste all of your quips, they are all the same, every thread has "these are my thoughts" and "hope that make it clearer for you" after you've come out and blatantly lied about some random shìt you think you heard, and got completely wrong

Milhouse2020

Juniors
No fưkwit.... nothing what you say "makes anything clearer for you" do you just copy and paste all of your quips, they are all the same, every thread has "these are my thoughts" and "hope that make it clearer for you" after you've come out and blatantly lied about some random shìt you think you heard, and got completely wrong

Gee, you get triggered very easily don't you, Spaghetti Podiatrist.

Latest posts