What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: England v Australia at Lord's on Sep 5, 2015

JJ

Immortal
McCullum has grown up, I imagine he regrets the Murali runout

Das Gupta

Juniors
Within the rules of the game my arse. Trevor Chappell bowling underarm in 1981 was also in the rules but it didn't make it right did it? It was a cowards act.

The rules state a batsmen cannot wilfully obstruct the ball unless he thinks he is in danger of being hit. No one can clearly say for 100% validity that Stokes was deliberately handling the ball to prevent being run out.
You get a completely different picture watching the replay in normal speed.
It was 50/50 call at best. A shameful way to be given out.

You lot would change your opinions quick smart if a Australian player like Warner or Smith was given out that way to Broad.
You lot would also be screaming blue murder and chastising Morgan for appealing.
Can't stand the losing the Ashes can you ? and no I don't support the poms.
Don't give me that bullshit it was within the rules of the game when it suits you. We all know opinions can change when its your own side is at risk.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Mcullum is right,Smith carries on like a goose,hate the mofo's body language out there,he's like a 10 year old.

JJ

Immortal
Smith's already carrying on like he's under pressure, to be fair he hasn't lost anything yet...

And some of your chumps would do to check what McCullum's said, as I thought he's speaking from experience - he made the wrong call years ago with Murali

There's no butt hurt about the World Cup Final - but there is some serious butt hurt about losing the Ashes, that's very clear

lockyno1

Post Whore
Smith's already carrying on like he's under pressure, to be fair he hasn't lost anything yet...

And some of your chumps would do to check what McCullum's said, as I thought he's speaking from experience - he made the wrong call years ago with Murali

There's no butt hurt about the World Cup Final - but there is some serious butt hurt about losing the Ashes, that's very clear

Still struggling to see why McCullum needs to butt in. What does an Eng-Aus series have to do with him? Should have just said 'no comment'...instead he couldn't help himself :lol:

JJ

Immortal
Still struggling to see why McCullum needs to butt in. What does an Eng-Aus series have to do with him? Should have just said 'no comment'...instead he couldn't help himself :lol:

FFS he's "writing" (not sure who writes it) a weekly column in the English papers - he's been commenting on topical issues around the England-Aust series all summer - what do you expect him to do, this was in his weekly cricket column? Should he not give his opinion on the incident all English readers are keen on? All he said was SMith might regret it, as he does

He's foolishly been saying nice things about various Australians, including Clarke (even in that column) and Smith

lockyno1

Post Whore
FFS he's "writing" (not sure who writes it) a weekly column in the English papers - he's been commenting on topical issues around the England-Aust series all summer - what do you expect him to do, this was in his weekly cricket column? Should he not give his opinion on the incident all English readers are keen on? All he said was SMith might regret it, as he does

He's foolishly been saying nice things about various Australians, including Clarke (even in that column) and Smith

He could have written about the quality game, could have written about anything. Instead he looks like someone who hasn't got over the whooping he got in the WC Final.

Smith doesn't regret it, and nor should he. It is in the rules, it is out. Move on.

What are your thoughts on ABDV as a captain......you know the skipper that has appealed (successfully) for not 1 but TWO obstructing the field decisions...:crazy:

JJ

Immortal
He could have written about the quality game, could have written about anything. Instead he looks like someone who hasn't got over the whooping he got in the WC Final.

Smith doesn't regret it, and nor should he. It is in the rules, it is out. Move on.

What are your thoughts on ABDV as a captain......you know the skipper that has appealed (successfully) for not 1 but TWO obstructing the field decisions...:crazy:

I have outlined my thoughts on this incident above, I don't really think it's a biggie - the Aussies appealed, I think it was 50:50, and at normal speed it looks more not out to me... but I've never said there's an issue either way, I just think bagging McCullum is a bit geniused - he hasn't been critical, and it's clear in his younger days he'd have done the same thing, because as he said he did - and he's suggested that in the future Smith might think he got it wrong - not that he shoudl regret it now

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have outlined my thoughts on this incident above, I don't really think it's a biggie - the Aussies appealed, I think it was 50:50, and at normal speed it looks more not out to me... but I've never said there's an issue either way, I just think bagging McCullum is a bit geniused - he hasn't been critical, and it's clear in his younger days he'd have done the same thing, because as he said he did - and he's suggested that in the future Smith might think he got it wrong - not that he shoudl regret it now

Still haven't commented on ABDV I see....he did it twice!

Bet you he doesn't give two hoots about his actions.

The only thing I have said is he should have kept his mouth quiet and that is correct, this series has nothing to do with him. You can write an article without talking about it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Im actually on Mculluim's side here,i made comments in the past about Smith annoying me as captain with him waving hands in the air childishly at teamates and giving negative body language towards teammates,he looks a real child out there sometimes.

Mcullum > Smith

JJ

Immortal
Still haven't commented on ABDV I see....he did it twice!

Bet you he doesn't give two hoots about his actions.

The only thing I have said is he should have kept his mouth quiet and that is correct, this series has nothing to do with him. You can write an article without talking about it.

I haven't commented on Smith either

:lol: yeah, "Brendan write an article to boost our sales, but don't talk about the main talking point for fear you offend a dumb merkin posting on a forum in Australia"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Within the rules of the game my arse. Trevor Chappell bowling underarm in 1981 was also in the rules but it didn't make it right did it? It was a cowards act.

The rules state a batsmen cannot wilfully obstruct the ball unless he thinks he is in danger of being hit. No one can clearly say for 100% validity that Stokes was deliberately handling the ball to prevent being run out.
You get a completely different picture watching the replay in normal speed.
It was 50/50 call at best. A shameful way to be given out.

You lot would change your opinions quick smart if a Australian player like Warner or Smith was given out that way to Broad.
You lot would also be screaming blue murder and chastising Morgan for appealing.
Can't stand the losing the Ashes can you ? and no I don't support the poms.
Don't give me that bullshit it was within the rules of the game when it suits you. We all know opinions can change when its your own side is at risk.

I can say with 100 percent accuracy that the only thing stokes was protecting was his wicket. So cricket tradition (the umpires can't read minds only view actions) says that he is out.

He might have thought the ball was going to hit him. Wouldn't be the first player to get out misjudging the circumstances. However as he was in fact in no danger this is moot.

Nice try though bro

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

highest run scorer in the Ashes series, lol

yeah, he's really struggling