What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI - India v Australia at Kolkata on Sept 21, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
I completely agree and Ed Cowan was spot on in his article, one day he will be a playa, just not yet and certainly not in this form of the game. His first class record is terrible in this form yet he opens for Australia while Head who has been brilliant is batting at 4.

Once again our all rounders, and I use that term loosely, have let us down in the batting dept, we need to get over this fixation and use real bowlers and real batsmen and one, possibly 2 all rounders depending on the conditions.

I bagged Richardson last night and he and NCN both 3 for 50 odd and not bad figures on that surface but then you look at Cummins econ rate and its just over half of those 2 @ 3.4 and thats what ODIs are all about, if only we had more than one real bowler we could have had a chance.

Agar went for 6 an over and didn't even bowl out his 10 overs. f**k me these nuffies make you wish we still had Hauritz.

I think Stoinis is coming a along nicely in the handful of games he has played . Hopefully he can keep improving and become a genuine superstar come the 2019 world cup.

Not sure if he is injured but Id have Hastings in the side, hasnt let us done in one dayers, not technically an allrounder but very handy with the bat, and more than capable to bowl out his 10 overs

As mentioned, Berendorff would be one id like to see get an decent run in the ODI side as well

Would someone like Ben Dunk be an option as keeper. The guy can bat (well a lot better than Wade). Not sure why he hasnt been given a go, I think he is only 30.

jargan83

Coach
Whenever anyone mentions Matt Wade took a great catch I automatically assume it would be a sitter to anyone else in world Cricket all the way down to Under 9's.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Whenever anyone mentions Matt Wade took a great catch I automatically assume it would be a sitter to anyone else in world Cricket all the way down to Under 9's.

thats how the media report it, they seem surprised if he hangs onto one

Bazal

Post Whore
Predictable sooking from the predictable posters aside, f**k it was good to see a pitch that allowed the bowlers in both innings to have a lot more of a say in the game as opposed to one made from glazed concrete....

We could balance the side a bit better, definitely worth bringing in Handscomb for the next one and moving Head to open, but realistically it was just good to see a more balanced wicket.

Latest posts