What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Napier on Feb 2, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lets not kid ourselves, we were woefull in game 1, doubt we will se a similar comeback again to what Stonis provided in this fixture. Our top order need to pull their finger out

Expecting NZ to seal the series here

mozza91

Coach
Our batting lineup is AIDS. If NZ don't win the series 3-0 nil they should be banned from International cricket in all 3 formats.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm hearing rain is in store. Napier has apparently sun for the next 10 days except for the day of game 2.

If Stoinis can bat in all 11 spots my money is on Straya.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure how you can entirely blame Handscomb for 16 wides and 5 leg byes....8 byes is a bit many, granted, but he wouldn't have even been thinking about keeping until an hour or two before the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He did not keep well and if Dickfingers has more back spasms we need a proper keeper imo.

JJ

Immortal
Handscomb was terrible, but in fairness to him he probably hasn't been practicing and wasn't expecting to keep - Latham was impressive I thought - he had a single domestic game and a week or so notice - Handscomb looked to have rather profound problems - then again so does Wade

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm hearing rain is in store. Napier has apparently sun for the next 10 days except for the day of game 2.

If Stoinis can bat in all 11 spots my money is on Straya.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Stoinis doesn't reach 25 runs in any of his next 10 ODIs.

Would be over the moon the be proven wrong and he turns out to be very consistent, particularly over the next few years, Would probably mean bye bye Mitch Marsh from the squad

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure how you can entirely blame Handscomb for 16 wides and 5 leg byes....8 byes is a bit many, granted, but he wouldn't have even been thinking about keeping until an hour or two before the game.

Yup cant blame Handscombe, Wade would have been better but cant blame the backup keeper with limited to no preparation (couple of bbl games dont cut it)

If you are gonna blame someone for the loss

Any of our top 5 batsman

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its not Handscombe's fault, he didn't pick himself as a keeper.

He is not up to it at this level and it could be a good opportunity for some one to get a gig and show they can do better than Dickfingers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And 8 byes is probably an improvement on what the Nugget would of let through.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Handscomb was terrible, but in fairness to him he probably hasn't been practicing and wasn't expecting to keep - Latham was impressive I thought - he had a single domestic game and a week or so notice - Handscomb looked to have rather profound problems - then again so does Wade
Latham looked more than capable, but after the last few months of watching Scissorhands it wouldn't take much to look impressive.

JJ

Immortal
Guptill's hamstring rules him out of ODI 2 - Dean Brownlie into squad

Guess he might open, they seem to like Neesham there, so that might be an option with de Grandhomme in

I'd like to see Matt Henry play

Iafeta

Referee

Guess he might open, they seem to like Neesham there, so that might be an option with de Grandhomme in

Never again should be how you finish the last sentence. Unless you like a barrage of crowd catches off half trackers and half volleys.

Meth

Staff member

I'd like to see Munro open and Brownlie down the order if Guptill is out (and Munro is in). I do think we're short of some hitting power though

Meth

Staff member
I was really impressed (and intrigued) by Latham's keeping. For game 2, would like to see...

Latham
Munro
Williamson
Taylor
Broom
Brownlie
Neesham
Santner
Southee
Ferguson (fair's fair- he bowled well enough...not sure Henry is banging down the door)
Boult

Although, I wouldn't mind de Grandhomme ahead of Brownlie (as much of a fan of Brownlie as I am)

OVP

Coach
I didn't hear one thing on who actually replaced Edward Penishands as skipper. Who on earth is our captain ?

JJ

Immortal
Never again should be how you finish the last sentence. Unless you like a barrage of crowd catches off half trackers and half volleys.
He's top 10 ODI bowler, plus good chance to regain some confidence against minnows...

If he plays he needs to play for Southee and take the new ball - I still like him...

Latest posts