What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Napier on Feb 2, 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Must get a keeper on the plane now.

Ridiculous if we use Handscombe again, he cannot keep and is not a keeper.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It was a quality spray by the great man, Sluts and Heals would probably try and tell us in was brilliant captaincy or some sort of rubbish.

Don't know if you saw the article but Notch ripped into them today as well.

JJ

Immortal
Guess they might be satisfied with Handscomb's work? Not as sharp as Wade, but there is a floor effect

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw on Fox Sports that Handscombe will be keeping and we will not be replacing Wade, poor decision imo.

Also saw some articles suggesting Wade could be out of the Indian tour due to not being able to have a proper preparation. Here's hoping.

Bazal

Post Whore
Handscomb is no worse than Wade with the gloves, and that's off zero practice. Would rather a batsman flown over to replace Heazlett. Not much point now though, for one game.

Iafeta

Referee
What's the go with Corey Anderson, anyone know?

I heard he had another back strain. He hasn't been back bowling yet so I assume because of that they've only considered him at this stage a T20 bat.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, Anderson not ready for bowling yet, so only considered as a batsman - and he's not good enough at that - frustratingly Neesham is far and away the best with the bat, but his bowling is hit and miss - mostly miss

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This seems like a pretty ridiculous delay
Agreed, no wonder cricket is falling behind. It looks like a decent crowd in and the outfield doesn't look too bad. I get player safety and all that but fans should be the number 1 priority.

Iafeta

Referee
This is seriously poor. It's not raining. The drainage is not satisfactory. It's not the first time McClean Park has had this issue. May need to review their international feasibility if they can't drain.

And yet the players are out there kicking AFL balls on the outfield. That's ridiculous, very hypocritical indeed.

This is a sport so up itself it finds reasons not to let paying fans watch it. League, rugby, whatever they'd all play on that outfield and I would say there are way bigger risks in their games.

Iafeta

Referee
The big risk is why would these people return for the next ODI here? They've been treated poorly. Firstly, they should be played, it is outrageous when it's not raining that they're not playing. If it's unlikely there will be no play, call it off now so the fans can go home.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just got home from work and WTF

They said it hasn't rained for the last 90 min and no decision on whats going on yet !!

This day and age poor ground when the draining isnt effective

barr humbug !!

Iafeta

Referee
As I understand it, it stopped raining an hour or so before the scheduled starting time. They have had a history of rain outs. I've been there for 2 ODIs so I have a lot of great memories there, but this is completely unprofessional.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The big risk is why would these people return for the next ODI here? They've been treated poorly. Firstly, they should be played, it is outrageous when it's not raining that they're not playing. If it's unlikely there will be no play, call it off now so the fans can go home.

They will try and get a game in, otherwise they would have to refund the tickets wouldnt they?

What constitutes a 50 over game? Is it 15 overs per side?

2 weeks

Coach
If it becomes a 20/20 game then i'd go with

Finch
Maxwell
Head
Handscomb
Marsh
Stoinis
Faulkner
Cummins
Starc