What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Qualifying Final: Broncos vs Dragons *SPOILERS*

BWNB

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Read the title of this thread ;-) Whilst it may be the other game, it still says spoilers :?

O ok i didnt take it that way, i take it canberra got hammered?

Leagueguy

Juniors
This weekend so far, I would have to say Brisbane is the only team that hasn't performed so far.

Brisbane weren't awful tonight. St George were brilliant I thought. They could have beaten Manly or Newcastle by the same amount with the way they played tonight. They just played really solid up the middle and were extremely slick in attack.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Dragons are up there with storm and bulldogs as favs after that performance. And simpkins showed why he's the best ref in the NRL.

Jono078

Referee
Hmm.. Looks like it's gonna be Knights V Broncos or Knights get the week off if Storm lose..

Im scared of playing the Broncos, but i'll be hopeful.

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders Plight said:
Dragons are up there with storm and bulldogs as favs after that performance. And simpkins showed why he's the best ref in the NRL.

Simpkins has been the best ref so far.....Hayne tonite was quite lenient, but thats to be expected given the poor conditions, I thought he did OK too.

JW

Coach
Dragons certainly went up a couple of gears tonight and were deserved victors - well done to them.

Mr Saab

Referee
I was always concerned with the broncos "form" the past 3 weeks.
Sure it was great beating the dogs/eels/warriors, but their were mitigating circumstances in the eels and dogs games.
Last night the Dragons were just too good. Zero excuses.

For the broncos, they move on to play the Knights (go storm) hopefully at the SFS (if they move it to Sandcorp or Newcastle it will be a disgrace) and with a good chance to win because of injury concerns to Simpson and judiciary with Buderus.

Mr Saab

Referee
True true, but i cant see it happening.
No 8th seed has won, and every 8th see has lost 13 +

salivor

First Grade
BTW Saab, your going to need to update your sig. It's now impossible for the Eels and Broncos to meet each other in the Grand Final as if they win they'll face us next week and if they lose they're out.

Nevcost

Juniors
The thing about the Dragons usually is they perform well when they're basically underneath the radar and have no pressure on them that says they're epected to win. This next match will be interesting, for them and if they do play the way they did tonight they'll beat whoever they're up against (probably Manly), if they're the Dragons of old then they'll choke, because people are rating them highly again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
IanRitchie said:
What a great try.

Pity the last pass was forward.
Not so.

pass_wes-clint_vbroncos_090906_01.jpg

pass_wes-clint_vbroncos_090906_02.jpg

pass_wes-clint_vbroncos_090906_03.jpg

I had have another look in case my eyes were playing tricks, because when I saw it live no one was calling it forward.

Perhaps it was your tips that were affecting your judgment. ;-)
:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
btw, it was well played by Naiqama. At one point the cover appeared to have him pinned, but he put in a perfectly directed pass and Lockyer and Hodges collided with each other. They ended up on the deck.

Latest posts