What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Qualifying Final: Broncos vs Dragons *SPOILERS*

salivor

First Grade
Your picks only serve to prove his point Willow. Naiqama in those pics passes it on the 10 metre line while it's caught about 8-9 metres out. I don't think the pass was forward but your pics do a poor job of showing the momemtum of the play.

Moffo

Referee
on first view i thought it was forward but its the direction that the ball is passed. naqiama threw the ball backwards and it floated forward because of the momentum

Willow

Assistant Moderator
salivor said:
Your picks only serve to prove his point Willow. Naiqama in those pics passes it on the 10 metre line while it's caught about 8-9 metres out. I don't think the pass was forward but your pics do a poor job of showing the momemtum of the play.
lol. You're right on all points and including that it was not forward. I might even agree with you on the momentum of play, but offcourse Naiqama's forward running kind of negates any 'reverse momentum' - if that makes any sense. If anyone can find a forward pass in that, based on the ball floating through in the air, then good luck to them. But I would suggest they are looking for forward passes a bit too much.

My understanding as long as it leaves the hands in a backwards direction and the receiver is not in front of the ball carrier as he is passing the ball, then that's OK. I'm looking at the 10m line and the fact that the ball leaves the hand going backwards. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And Charlie, I'm sorry if pictures are still unsettling you any way. Hope it hasn't reached phobia levels yet. For the record, I have no objections to you posting any pics of your own.

innsaneink

Referee
Willow said:
btw, it was well played by Naiqama. At one point the cover appeared to have him pinned, but he put in a perfectly directed pass and Lockyer and Hodges collided with each other. They ended up on the deck.

Yeah, I thought he'd get smashed instantly, but he seemed to have all the time in the world, very cool, and a very good try.

borat

Bench
The game plan by Brown was awesome last night. Absolute perfection. When the Dragons lose the Brown haters come out form everywhere but when he puts together a team performance that dismantles one of the from teams in the comp he doesn't get a mention. Kicking game was brilliant, defence was brilliant, inside passing game around the rucks was brilliant. Well done Browny, keep it up.