What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Row for Vidot

Steelman

Juniors
Good to see coach Mary has moved 108 kg Vidot into the 2nd row for the cutters game today. Will get plenty of tackling practice and will probably be his permanent position in the future.

Minh

First Grade
This would be his ideal position he's a very powerful runner and this would suit him so long as he can defend.

BennyV

Referee
Thompson, Frizz, deBelin, Vidot...may not be the biggest and scariest pack next year, but there's plenty of punch and aggression there

RedVee

First Grade
Could be to get him used to an increased work rate, then use him as a benche to over 2nd row, centre, wing, FB.

There's no shortage of second rowers, we have a shortage of powerful centres. Why not there?

I agree. That's where his potential should be further developed. I have a very high regard for Daniel Vidot's future. I think this year he is showing the makings of being a super damaging Footballer. His Timing is getting better - builds his runs, excellent drive. aggression and some mongrel, which we have been lacking this yr.

I hope the Coaching staff believe in him.

Fiery

Juniors
I agree. That's where his potential should be further developed. I have a very high regard for Daniel Vidot's future. I think this year he is showing the makings of being a super damaging Footballer. His Timing is getting better - builds his runs, excellent drive. aggression and some mongrel, which we have been lacking this yr.

I hope the Coaching staff believe in him.

I think his passing skills and footwork is insufficient for a centre. I think this kind of thing can't be taught. I hope he can make a good backrower because doubtful about centres and no place for him on the wing for the Dragons.

Last edited:

Steelman

Juniors
I think his passing skills and footwork is insufficient for a centre. I think this kind of thing can't be taught. I hope he can make a good backrower because doubtful about centres and no place for him on the wing for the Dragons.

Fiery

Have to agree with u mate probly doesnt have the required skill to play center on a fulltime basis plus he is a bit suspect in defense. Back up center at best also wing, going to second row adds another string to his bow. He is on contract for another year so i guess the dragons are going to try and get more use out of his giant frame.

possm

Coach
I have said for over a year now, Vidot would make a good backrow forward. All he needs to do is spend some time making the necessary adjustments with the Cutters. He needs to improve his defence, handling and off-loading skills. It would also help he could develop a step before the line.

Fiery

Juniors
I have said for over a year now, Vidot would make a good backrow forward. All he needs to do is spend some time making the necessary adjustments with the Cutters. He needs to improve his defence, handling and off-loading skills. It would also help he could develop a step before the line.

I think his one-on-one defence is fine but his reads are pretty bad. Defending in the middle is much easier to read.

Minh

First Grade
There's no shortage of second rowers, we have a shortage of powerful centres. Why not there?

Let's be honest here Vidot is not the most intelligent footballer who reads the game well in both attack and defense. If he had a good footy brain the guy would already be playing rep footy with the strength and power he possesses. He is a player that does not inspire confidence and if I was a team mate I would be holding my breath when the next unforced error will come. that's why second row is a good option just barge and run.

gorilla

First Grade
Let's be honest here Vidot is not the most intelligent footballer who reads the game well in both attack and defense. If he had a good footy brain the guy would already be playing rep footy with the strength and power he possesses. He is a player that does not inspire confidence and if I was a team mate I would be holding my breath when the next unforced error will come. that's why second row is a good option just barge and run.

Problems is that he runs like a back, not a forward.....

Latest posts