What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan @ MCG Dec 26-30, 2023

He ain't right in the head.

I dunno what it is, personal, legacy thoughts, just not feeling it, just poor form.

He ain't right.

I saw a stat the other day which compared his career numbers up until the end of the 2019 Ashes and everything that's come after it.

The decrease in his strike rate stood out to me - it's reduced by around 10 runs, which seems to meet the eye test too. Teams have found ways to bog him down ever since NZ exploited some of his weaknesses when they were last here, and unusually he doesn't look like he has a way to combat it.

Incorrect

Coach
Smith went over half an hour without scoring a run before getting out.
I pretty much watched his innings from when he was on 19 or 20 up to when he got out.... I don't think I saw him middle anything, be it an offensive drive or a defensive push back down the track.... His timing looks all at sea at the moment...

King-Gutho94

Coach
I pretty much watched his innings from when he was on 19 or 20 up to when he got out.... I don't think I saw him middle anything, be it an offensive drive or a defensive push back down the track.... His timing looks all at sea at the moment...
Smudge looks mentally cooked.

I think he is either trying too hard or is too scared to actually play his natural game and scared of getting out so is stuck with this defensive mindset and paralysis with his batting.

Marnus is similar atm as well.

Iamback

Coach
Too much cricket.

No way you can play 2 big test series away, A 6 week world cup and be good to go in tests at the end of the year

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I really think Smudger needs to re-think those short balls, he is gonna be targeted now

just drop the wrists and let it go, he was never gonna score runs off that shot anyway, so why play at it

Bazal

Post Whore
Smudge looks mentally cooked.

I think he is either trying too hard or is too scared to actually play his natural game and scared of getting out so is stuck with this defensive mindset and paralysis with his batting.

Marnus is similar atm as well.

This is a huge weakness for both of them

You can't get back in form easily when you're so autistic you f**ken shadow bat at 3am. I don't think Smith is struggling with batting, I think he's struggling with severe overthinking. He'll have 8 million different technique changes and solutions in a single over.

Bazal

Post Whore
I really think Smudger needs to re-think those short balls, he is gonna be targeted now

just drop the wrists and let it go, he was never gonna score runs off that shot anyway, so why play at it

Same again I think, with him being a head case. He thinks he needs to show he hasn't got a weakness, which when he's not at his best actually creates the weakness

2 weeks

Coach
Skull talking about how he loves it when Alex Carey plays in the v

My missus used to love it when i played in the v

Then i got married, and now i only get to play in the v on my birthday

Pippen94

First Grade

..& just get hit in the head..