What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: England v New Zealand @ Nottingham Jun 10-14, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts this friday 8pm

Some terrific NRL match ups during the test as well. Expecting one or two ambushes here...

Fri 10th - Cows v Dragons
Sat 1th - Broncos v Raiders
Mon 13th - Eels v Dogs

JJ

Immortal
Decent day 1 for NZ 318/4 - everyone got a start, top 4 wasted theirs - Young 47, Conway 46, Mitchell 81* Blundell 67*

Henry playing for Patel, surprised Wagner continues to be omitted - think they're getting too clever for their own good, and Nicholls in for Williamson

JJ

Immortal
348/4 another 100 for Mitchell, he’s got to be a fixture for a bit now. Great stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Just switched over to literally see BaldMan Leach disappear back over his head.

Warms the cockles.

Bazal

Post Whore
JFC I legit get the same itch sitting on my couch watching Jack Leach bowl that I do when the second offie comes on and I'm waiting to bat in the twos...

That's a comment on Leach's quality, not my own.

Bazal

Post Whore
WTF is the go with England top order bats and random backlifts?

These Lees bloke does the full periscope

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
England fight back on the M7, 5/473 with Ollie Pope 145 and Root cementing his place as the best bat in the world atm with 163no.

Stokes seems intent on pleasing his new coach by bashing 46 off just 33 balls. Slow down red headed rat rooter,l.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ellen degeneres television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Root is in some sublime form atm, just a shame he couldn’t do it in the Ashes.

JJ

Immortal
Still can't fathom not playing Wagner - if henry ain't opening the bowling then there simply isn't (IMO) a sensible argument for playing him and leaving Wagner out - not saying we win with him (either test) - but he's a driving force on the field physically and emotionally

edabomb

First Grade
Henry in for Wagner is bizarre. With the decisions on the White Ferns Frankie McKay hinted there seems to be an anti-Cantab bias. Hilarious and sort of ties into Henry being there with the Cantab mafia in the men's team, they seem like the only province that still holds that type of thought process close to their hearts.

Alleged sublime captain Latham went way too defensive in this one. With the lead still over 370 and Root in his 20s he nicked one right through where third slip would have been. You really have to attack a player of his calibre when you have runs in the bank, sit back and wait for him to make an error and you end up where we are now.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure why Latham gets so much love in any respect - he's ok, but not top class...

Mitchell certainly providing a quandry - and FFS Michael Bracewell? He's 31 and never been much good... I haven't paid much attention to first class cricket in recent times, but what has Jimmy Neesham done wrong?