What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: England v New Zealand @ Nottingham Jun 10-14, 2022

edabomb

First Grade
Not sure why Latham gets so much love in any respect - he's ok, but not top class...

Mitchell certainly providing a quandry - and FFS Michael Bracewell? He's 31 and never been much good... I haven't paid much attention to first class cricket in recent times, but what has Jimmy Neesham done wrong?
I heard he'd made himself unavailable for tests at some stage. He also seems to be on the outer in the shorter forms now.

Latham has led us to test defeats at home vs Bangas and 2022 SA. The credentials are poor.

Reactions: JJ

Bazal

Post Whore
Gonna need a fair old rear guard from Mitchell for England not to pinch this IMO.

The deck's been pretty easy to score on.

That said I think NZ are still a decent chance. England will go for the win so there'll be opportunity for wickets

edabomb

First Grade
If we can add another 40 in the first 10 overs it sets up the last day brilliantly. You'd favour England on a flat deck and assuming Jamieson can't bowl.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL @ Ungerlunds tactics, don't take the new ball and bowl rubbish half trackers that go the journey. Now they take the new rock with everyone on the fence. LOL!!

Fangs

Coach
England can afford a draw but I hope they keep playing positive here. Would love to see a tight final session.

JJ

Immortal
Normal service for NZ, changes at the top working for the Poms, fair innings from Bairstow

We’ve been our own worst enemy across two tests now

edabomb

First Grade
Latham the clueless genius captain strikes again.

So disappointing to have CDG asleep at the wheel in the first test and then the Cantab Mafia selections cost us in this test. Hopefully with the series gone they pick a proper team for the third test.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow that’s embarrassing for the Kiwis, bouncing a batsman with short boundaries and a flat deck mean you aren’t gunna have a good time.

JJ

Immortal
It somehow works for him, the others not so much.
why it works for him remains a bit of a mystery - but he's impressive

The bigger mystery is why he's been left out of successive tests, and why you'd pick matt Henry above him when both Boult and Southee are playing