What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Hagley Oval Christchurch Mar 8-12, 2024

JJ

Immortal
Interesting day, Australia’s obviously, but our bowlers did well

Fangs

Coach
Disappointing from NZ again. They need a life coach.

Haze beautiful as always. And Marn may just be back we need him. Green can't be the only bat in the top 4 making runs.

JJ

Immortal
Huge morning this morning, we simply have to stay in it. Aust will be looking for a repeat of the first test. Time for Southee to step up as a bowler and captain, and then the bats too - really liked what I saw from Latham and Williamson yesterday, but Hazlewood was outstanding . Matt Henry cannot compete with Australia by himself, which is pretty much what’s happening atm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that shot, or lack of, by Smudger was mind boggling, he really is fighting some mental demons atm, he's just not comfortable at the crease

I thought Latahm played the conditions prety well

should get a bit easier to bat today so anything under 250 should be a failure

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Was about to say Lyon would be a decent cricketer if he could bowl, Nek Minnnet the bald man in the pavilion.

We really need a lead over 100 plus.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nah it's out. Marsh is back to Darsh!!

How he is batting in our top 6 in test cricket is one for Ripley's, as long as you pass the good bloke test. Next in is Shark Tale.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Is anyone in CA concerned right now about the dire straits our red-ball batting currently is at domestic level and the national setup

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is anyone in CA concerned right now about the dire straits our red-ball batting currently is at domestic level and the national setup
It's all about the Big Beat off mate, NSW haven't produced a quality batsman in well over a decade. They wouldn't know or care. WA is the only place producing quality young batsman and 20/20 in the junior set up is less prevalent.

Meth

Staff member
As long as our bowlers keep taking 20 wickets a match, I don't think CA have a care in the world.

Yeah. I'm not sure that Australia are much better than us, aside from with the ball (and psychologically). The reality is that Cummins/Starc/Hazelwood/Lyon will always bowl NZ out for a lower total than Australia can muster, so they win and the fragility of Australia's batting means the job gets done quicker and almost makes it look more convincing lol

In saying that, there's always a chance with your top order that 1 player will fire at least. Green in game 1. Marnus, it seems, in game 2. That's a difference in the batting.