What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Pakistan v Australia @ Karachi, March 12-16 2022

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A lot will depend on the pitch now, it was apparently deteriorating but you can't tell watching these 2 bat.

JJ

Immortal
Fully expect Australia to win - but, at what point, if not already, will they be second guessing their decision to bat again for 97/2?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, win lose or draw, I think it was a poor decision not to follow on

2/97 and we can't bat again, so if they pass us, although unlikely, we threw away 8 wickets

its not as though we've been over bowled and they are supposed to be professional athletes

Eelectrica

Referee
If we fail to win here, and I'm expecting a draw, the hopefully the follow on policy gets reviewed.
This was as clear cut a follow on situation as we'll get.

Chance for Swepson to make a name for himself.
From what I saw he looked dangerous at times, but was too far down leg by the end of the day.
Bowling defensively won't get us the win

JJ

Immortal
At the end of the day, more than enough time to bowl them out, but worse case scenario is what twizzle said, you threw away an innings for 97 inconsequential runs - if you put them in, you could have bowled them out to win (which I think will happen anyway), but you could get a small chase to win, and simply couldn't lose given the timing... strange...

Bazal

Post Whore
Don’t worry folks the BOAT will bowl us to victory!! His record in the last innings is second to none.
images

Eelectrica

Referee
I don't imagine too many teams have lost after declaring twice in the one game. Looks like this might be one though

simmo1

First Grade
If you think Australia is bad at enforcing the follow on, some team in India decided to have another bat with a lead of 600: Link

Latest posts