What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2UE interested in going for radio rights again

troydodds

Juniors
Hi Ngboy - strangely enough, it seems that way. There's tonnes of people who come in here and bag the 2GB show, yet obviously listen to it long enough to realise that, in their opinion, it is rubbish.

I listen to 2GB because I enjoy it. If I feel that it's all getting a bit much, I go to the ABC for some solace and serious footy talk. Personally, I like having that option. If I'm in the mood for some fun as well as footy, then it's 2GB for me. If it's serious only I feel like, then I'll go with the ABC.

I wouldn't like to only have the choice of two serious stations or two non-serious stations. I like it the way it is, and apart from opening up even more choices, I hope the general content of the current stations remains.

nqboy

First Grade
Occasionally I catch snatches of it in ABC blackspots travelling home from the footy, I cannot believe people prefer that to the Wok.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Its all about ratings boys and girls. Its the same as the Thursday night football...I mean entertainment show.

I'm sure you can not sit down and listen to serious football talk for 6 or 8 hours straight. I'm not knocking Hadley's show or giving it a wrap, but look at what 6 straight hours of serious football talk did to 2UE's Talking League team the first year Hadley went to 2GB.