What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2UE interested in going for radio rights again

YiddoTiger

Juniors
to be fair to 2GB i am sure the numerologist and astrologer rate the house down on sat nites when the footy is on .. when Hadley had competition he was never No1 ... must be hard to win the footy ratings when u have no competition ... he should go back to auctioneering or cab driving and leave the footy to people who know a bit about the game instead of blokes content to waffle on abt terry hill doing australian idol for every weekend on end 6 months in a row

Anonymous

Juniors
OVP said:
iggy plop said:
Gene Krupa said:
:thumnn

The more the merrier I say.

Competion brings out the best in things.

Sure does.

How can Triple M calling Swans games and 2UE calling yawnion games be good for rugby league?

But can things get any worse than some dope who thinks looking at numbers can tell you your future, will outrate league ? Have any of you ever listened to the crap they put on 2gb when the footy is over ? Its mind-numbingly insulting.

Luckily, we don't get 2GB in Newcastle!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

zulu

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
OVP said:
iggy plop said:
Gene Krupa said:
:thumnn

The more the merrier I say.

Competion brings out the best in things.

Sure does.

How can Triple M calling Swans games and 2UE calling yawnion games be good for rugby league?

But can things get any worse than some dope who thinks looking at numbers can tell you your future, will outrate league ? Have any of you ever listened to the crap they put on 2gb when the footy is over ? Its mind-numbingly insulting.

Luckily, we don't get 2GB in Newcastle!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lucky bastards

oldmancraigy

Coach
Please END the 2GB nonsense - and all you people who listen to their "footy" show - SHAME ON YOU!

If you don't listen to the idiots then they will have to change the way they do things.

If you don't listen to their nonsense then they will have to start talking about league again.

BRING BACK 2UE - or ANYBODY!!!

shadowboxer

First Grade
After the lastest HADLEY incident there is strong possibility he wont be there for much longer, also due to his long hours during the week and the death of frilingos. His replacement is andrew moore, it would be interesting if 2ue got more of a go to see if they could compete better than there last effort.

greeneyed

First Grade
Let's hope so.... I have been trying to hear updates of the Premier League scores and there is so much rubbish on his show... they actually delay the football for the rubbish.

Tigerpete said:
At the same time though the Continuous Call team is in a league of its own. All the big guns are there and so are the fans, i dont see much changing. As far as rights go for calling games, i'd be horrified if 2gb werent calling them still.

U have no idea.. do you 'league of its own'..(yep thats right)..'big guns there'..true..'so r the fans'..(they have no other choice.. do they???)

Think again.. we have no other choice..

Fine the olympics were on, but we love league more than that other sport..
League..needs a radio station,that caters for all league fans round the country,we dont want 2 get cut off frm our fav team playing cos there is some other sport butting in over wat we want to listen to.Thats all ive gotta say.Basically money makes the world go round..

NRL wont listen..thats it
IMO opinion

Anonymous

Juniors
If what I've read in todays Newcastle Herald is correct, then I think that 2GB's revenue stream is about to dry up.

Apparently, 2GB will no longer deal with the Caralis organisation, who owns 2SM, 2HD and various other regional broadcasters. If this is the case, then that means ZERO league coverage in the most of regional NSW. Caralis owns nearly ALL of those stations!

I wonder if the NRL will be pleased to have it coverage dropped from nearly all of NSW to only Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong? Maybe the radio rights should go to the biggest network available?

Do 2GB really care about the footy?

BuffaloRules

Coach
IanRitchie said:
The ABC is god.

Agree completely...

I have finally given away Hadley and been listening to these guys for the Finals....

Excellent coverage and they talk rationally about the game without pushing any agendas.....

troydodds

Juniors
YiddoTiger said:
when Hadley had competition he was never No1 ... must be hard to win the footy ratings when u have no competition ...

Err .... where did you get this from? Hadley joined 2UE in 1987 and from about 1992 onwards 2UE was the number one league station in the ratings constantly, virtually never beaten. Even when he was stripped of rights to call the game, 2UE remained number one with Talking League - smashing 2GB who were calling the matches.

What Hadley did this year was what has been successful for the past 17. He used to only call Saturday Arvo & Sunday Arvo on 2UE, and the same thing happens now at 2GB.

I agree that the NRL must not award exclusive rights to anybody and I doubt they will. They've learned from that mistake.

Also, despite the fact that Ray Hadley is one of the most listened to broadcasters in the country, there is a minimal group of people (please don't tell me it's anything more than minimal, as ratings speak otherwise), who don't like Hadley - including many at the NRL. This was part of the reason why UE was stripped of rights in the first place. It wasn't only because 2GB offered the money, it was because they saw it has a great way to get the game away from Hadley.

David Gallop and Ray have a great relationship - as do 2UE and the NRL now, so I doubt there will be exclusive rights.

The NRL won't shoot themselves in the foot again, surely.

troydodds

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
If what I've read in todays Newcastle Herald is correct, then I think that 2GB's revenue stream is about to dry up.

Apparently, 2GB will no longer deal with the Caralis organisation, who owns 2SM, 2HD and various other regional broadcasters. If this is the case, then that means ZERO league coverage in the most of regional NSW. Caralis owns nearly ALL of those stations!

I wonder if the NRL will be pleased to have it coverage dropped from nearly all of NSW to only Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong? Maybe the radio rights should go to the biggest network available?

Do 2GB really care about the footy?

If you were listening to 2GB on the weekend, you would know that they explained this entire situation in detail. Caralis has refused to pay outstanding invoices for the link with 2GB.

Do you expect 2GB to provide it for free?

Business is business, even if it is footy!

Anonymous

Juniors
Ummm.

Not according to the Newcastle Herald!

They say that he's paid up!

Of course 2GB are going to say that they were wronged. Caralis had no right of reply, so they could make any excuse they wanted to!

troydodds

Juniors
On that way of thinking, do you really think Caralis will admit they haven't paid the invoices? Of course they will say they have.

It's a case of "he said, she said" .... who knows who is telling the truth!

Anonymous

Juniors
troydodds said:
On that way of thinking, do you really think Caralis will admit they haven't paid the invoices? Of course they will say they have.

It's a case of "he said, she said" .... who knows who is telling the truth!

Exactly!

If there were more competition, people would have a choice. The power that 2GB hold ATM is just too strong.

nqboy

First Grade
Why does anyone listen to commercial stations anyway? Does the ABC not cover the games in Sydney? Or is this a TFS (That f**ked Show) phenomenon, where the unwashed masses worship something I wouldn't piss on if it was on fire?

Latest posts