What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 against Pennys

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
3 Gorilla. Had a great game
2 Albert. kept us in the game when we should have been out of it long before
1 Dykes. All of his plays got us our tries.

Inverse
-3 Thompson his key 3 dropped balls all lead to Pennys repeat sets & tries.
-2 Kimmorley. Poor bugger has just got nothing to offer anymore
-1 Scott he comes on when we were 20 points up

Great game by the Penny coaching team. Kept all their bigs off until final 20
They then came on and ran rampant.

Stonecutter

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
2 Albert. kept us in the game when we should have been out of it long before
1 Dykes. All of his plays got us our tries.

Inverse
-3 Thompson his key 3 dropped balls all lead to Pennys repeat sets & tries.
-2 Kimmorley. Poor bugger has just got nothing to offer anymore
-1 Scott he comes on when we were 20 points up

Great game by the Penny coaching team. Kept all their bigs off until final 20
They then came on and ran rampant.

He didn't do anything bad :shock: but his pressence on the field f*cked us up.

jc155776

Coach
Kimmorley -2 from you is to be expected rest were good.

3 ALbert - Nuff Said
2 Gorilla - Best game for us this year too bad he cant keep the roll on going to the finals now...
1 Dykes - Would have been 2 but that last option was terrible. That said setup a lot of plays...

-3 Scott - Comes on and we leak 24 points after stupid penaltys.
-2 Thomo - Falling into his Saints way, now he has a contract he doesnt really care
-1 Kingston - Tackles well but offers not much else lately. Kearney needs to be on the field all game. Opened them up all day long from dummy half.

Overall it was defence and ball control that lost that for us. Year 3 stuff that after a whole season still isnt right. 28 points is enought to beat any team.

Sharkie73

Bench
2 Albert. Best game of the year
1 Brown. Great first game will only get better

Frenzy.

Post Whore
3. Dykes - ran the team most of the game and it showed. 4 try assists.
2. Williams - for no other reason other than he is our most consistent.
1. Stosic - was getting the most metres so Raper takes him off.

Encouragement Award. Mitch Brown. 1 game Mitch better than 60 game Simmons already.

Inverse

3. Kimmorley - he's a passenger. Gets in the way. Doesn't know what to do when he gets a chance
2. Thompson - return to the old Dragons dropsy days
1. Scott - oxygen thief

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
jc155776 said:
Kimmorley -2 from you is to be expected rest were good.

I'm sorry if you are a supporter of Kimmorley but it is clearly obvious the negative effect he has had on the team over the last 8 weeks culminating in tonights loss.

Im not that upset by the loss, I saw it coming after half time & Daley mentioned how lang should not wait & put his bigs on immediately to stay in the game.
Lang didnt. He waited & put them on with 20 to go. They made mince meat of us & the smalls then destroyed us.
Small, creative players, of which Noddy is not.
Noddy has taken over from Simmons as the Sharks worst player, without doubt.
Noddy supporters can face the truth or continue to look silly.
Our hardest tryer, is our worst player.

jc155776

Coach
Im no Kimmorley supporter but he wasnt near the worst out there. We were f**ked because we had one front rower on the bench, a second rower who is average, an impact player, and a f**ken centre that has cost us more games than any other player in our clubs history.

I have stayed away from bagging Raper but f**k him off as soon as season is over. What a complete fool.

MilitaryShark

Juniors
Positive:
3. Ablert - Saved atleast three tries
2. Villa - I thought it was his only good game this year
1. Dykes - He seems to go great guns until BK becomes involved in the play
1. Covell - Seems to be the only postive player when we are behind

Negative:
3. Raper - No explanation needed
2. Thompson - Too many mistakes, needs to stop trying to offload every play
1. BK - Like BTR said, "hardest tryer, worst player"

ps: Seems like the drop to PL did Albert some good, how about dropping Noddy for the remaining two games ?

island pro

Juniors
Albert cost us more than Kimmorley did. He did also create more but he made a number of errors that simmons or kearney or even tosh would not have made... simple knock ons and plenty of them, accompanied by his lack of commitment when attacking the ball from a defensive position. Kimmorley threw some good balls and whilst struggling, and admittedly being a major contributor to the teams failure, dont get carried away with the attack of some (Albert) and turn a blind eye to his plethora of mistakes. he did have a good game by his standards but was unsatisfactory in his role as a fullback. spread the blame amongst ALL who deserve it.

The Popper

Bench
Gotta agree pretty much with Blacktip. I thought this was arguably the best game I have seen Dykes play in NRL.

JimSeeFanClub

Juniors
3. Albert (despite the dropped bomb)
2. Kearney
1. Dykes

I don't think the problem was Noddy or anyone else. I thought that both Dykes and Noddy showed they can make a good combination. One forward on the bench is a joke and Beau Scott adds nothing as an interchange player, and hasn't for weeks.

3pts Gorilla
2pts Williams
1pt Brown.

Thompson had bad match tonight, but he is not to blame, he has look exhausted for last 4 weeks, as has Douglas, this is Raper fault.

Douglas first year in first grade playing prop, hsould have been eased into roll more, but Raper has exhasusted the kid, i only hope he backs up next season.

Thompson, also exhausted, due to minutes played, and hitups & tackles, this has been due to inefective bench, with player like Hutch, Thompson dosent get a break, working hardre then should have to, a proper bench rotation, would all Thomo to be fresh buisness end of season

Inferno

Coach
3. Dykes
2. Gallen/Kearney/Williams
1. Albert

Inverse
3. Scott, offers nothing
2. Kimmorley, tried hard, but has nothing left.
1. Thommo, dropsies, but that last one was most likely a rake.

For me that game pretty much summed up our entire year in 80 mins. Started poorly, Dykes starting running the show and we played great. Then we got found out and from the moment Wesser scored that try, the opposition was on top and we never looked regaining momentum.

Villa played well and it was definately his best game for us.

Mitch Brown looks the goods, and I'd love to see more of him next year. Cam started well but is nowhere near the level of our other backrowers.

Stapelton had an excellent game for the pennies so thats on of the few things we can take out of this game.
20 tackles, 140m, 2 offloads and a barnstorming try over the top of Noddy.