What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 and POTY in 2024

Meth

Staff member
After Round 16.

Barnett 1518
Fonua-Blake 1111
Nicoll-Klokstad 1022
Harris 696
Martin 677
Ford 640
Johnson 559
Egan 557
Niukore 346
Tuivasa-Sheck 300
Tuaupiki 280
Watene-Zelezniak 271
Berry 236
Walker 206
Tevaga 124
Montoya 91
Roache 47
Ale 31
Afoa 29
Pompey 26
Harris-Tavita 6
Lussick 5
Capewell 5
Leiataua 5

Rich102

Staff member
Seem strange that Ford is held in such low regard by some when he is rated 6th in the 3-2-1 for the year.

sup42

Juniors
Seem strange that Ford is held in such low regard by some when he is rated 6th in the 3-2-1 for the year.

On the question of faith, is he good, or is he a gumby, I am agnostic.

I like his mindset. He seems well suited to Prop forward, but placed there a season or two before he reaches his potential, I am talking purely as a prop forward.

I read a lot of chatter about Ford from informed fans, his faults are well known, turning over possession, giving away penalties, being a bit of a block in attack where someone more powerful and faster would break through and score.

You also read a lot of smart critics in Warriorville that see Fords strengths suiting Prop Forward. He has the engine. He thrives as a next runner up when their line is resetting. He is young, only 26, which means he is young enough for the Warriors to Ram him full of Taro, protein shakes and power lifting....I can see where this line of thinking is attractive, he could be another Barnett.

Next year our pack style and make up will change radically with AFB gone. Easy line bending meters that draw in three defenders will be much harder to achieve.

The Warriors will instead be driven by Fast props, like JFH and Barnett, using their speed to tire the opposition rather than bend the line on impact, in this regard, a bigger stronger Ford could be dynamite at prop forward.

Three fast Props, then you bring in one of the big units out of cup and we have a very different and potentially very effective pack.

But you want some speed in that back line to go with that. At Center. Our Wings while not the fastest are critical at our kick returns, and even though it would be nice to have another Rock Star Winger, it is more important that we have some pace at Center over short ground, with a good pass, pretty much talking about Moala and Ali.

Meth

Staff member

Not really. He's held in low regard by a couple of people and outrageously high regard by some haha.

To be fair, he's had a few good games.

Meth

Staff member
After Round 17.

Barnett 1653
Fonua-Blake 1139
Nicoll-Klokstad 1029
Martin 962
Harris 696
Ford 640
Johnson 559
Egan 557