What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 Cowboys

3 Mateo
2 Lousi
1 Friend

Seriously is Locke made of glass or something, they need a fulltime trainer next to him for the whole 80

Meth

Staff member
3- Friend. Mateo was probably better, but the difference that Friend brings to the team after watching sloppy service from Brown and Taylor over the last wee while was hugely welcome.
2- Mateo. Great to see him given more license to play his natural game.
1- Lousi. Not a heap of minutes, but a huge hand in a couple of tries. I am becoming more and more convinced that losing Ta'ai in not a big deal when we have Sione.

Matulino and Packer good again.

Brando

Juniors
3. Lousi
2. Mateo
1. Matulino

Hon Mention for the Cowboys, Ashley Klein.

Can anyone tell me why Bluey always persists on an all forward bench?

Iafeta

Referee
3. Lousi
2. Mateo
1. Matulino

Hon Mention for the Cowboys, Ashley Klein.

Can anyone tell me why Bluey always persists on an all forward bench?

Ashley Klown is a woeful referee who also runs like a Thai lady-boy.

Micistm

Bench
Mateo-Friend-Matulino

Begrudging respect to Bowen, who pissed me off immensely during the game and deserves points really!

Brando

Juniors
As opposed to? I like the make-up of the bench.

As opposed to having a Hohaia type utility player that injects pace off the bench into a game and can cover injuries to players like Locke, Maloney, Johnson etc should they occur. Someone like Godinet.

hitman82

Bench
I'd be playing Godinet or Mara (when fit) off the bench instead of Brown. We don't need Brown in the second row, we sure as HELL don't need him at dummy half, and I'd rather be using someone who is going to remain with the club.

Meth

Staff member
I would have thought Taylor's performances had him ranked behind Brown for a place in the team.

Brown's not a hooker. His running game out of dummy half goes ok, but his passing is somewhat atrocious and I am not sure about his decision making or his ability to read the play.

Put him at second row, he goes fine and he offers a different style of game to Mannering, Luck and Taylor. To me, at the moment, Taylor is the odd man out.

vvvrulz

Coach
Brown's not a hooker. His running game out of dummy half goes ok, but his passing is somewhat atrocious .

Atrocious was Taylor's dummy half run against the Sharks, Brown is merely average. I agree with others in that Mara should be coming off the bench and Brown is simply surplus to requirements.

Meth

Staff member
I like Mara, but if Friend is playing like he did yesterday, and can play for 80 minutes, I'd rather see us not use a bench spot for him.

Again, I think you're judging Brown as a second rower for the fill-in work that he has been doing at hooker. He's not a hooker. He's not a centre. He's a second rower. Play him there, and he'll be above average.

hitman82

Bench
I was a huge "second row" Brown fan last season, but this season he hasn't added anything special even when played there. In all honesty, apart from a few strong dummy half runs I've rated him alongside Taylor and Mannering in terms of boredom this year. That's the only reason I'd rather have someone else on the bench.
How about blooding some big unit like Sam Lousi for 15 minutes a game? I'd be down with that.
I cracked up to see Luck, Mannering, Taylor and Benry all on at once yesterday... now that is boredom incarnate.

hitro

Juniors
Yeah there are a lot of guys playing the boring game. You can add Bill Tupou to that list. Thank goodness for Mateo and Johnson

Just cos Browns leaving i dont think he should be dropped for that reason, if we are no chance for the 8 then blood someone maybe.

2nd row is his position not centre or hooker, Godinet would offer options and variation off the bench