What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Player Votes v. Panthers

The team:

1. CLINTON SCHIFCOFSKE (C)
2. ADRIAN PURTELL
3. ADAM MOGG
4. DAVID HOWELL
5. CRAIG FRAWLEY
6. JASON SMITH
7. LINCOLN WITHERS
8. ANDREW LOMU
9. SIMON WOOLFORD
10. MICHAEL HODGSON
11. THOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. JASON CROKER
13. ALAN TONGUE

14. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
15. BEN JONES
16. TROY THOMPSON
18. TREVOR THURLING

Vote away.

2 points - Thurling. Absolute beast, especially in defence. He played almost 70 minutes.
1 point - Thommo. He never stopped trying again.
1 point - Howell. Stopped several tries with great tackles and scored the match-leveller.
1 point - Learoyd-Lahrs. He has massive potential, strong runner of the ball.
1 point - Frawley. Mainly because he didn't get injured. But besides that he made some great runs and that pass to Mogg.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
3 - Howell: his defense saved about 3 or 4 tries.

2 - Thompson: if he isnt in origin this year it will truely be highway robberey.

1 - Thurling: just ahead of TLL, both deserve recognition and even though they are young it appears that we have recruited very well.

also frawley played good, this is why he should be in the FG squad.

Mal Meninga

Bench
thompson should play city country but i dont think hes ready for origin yet mate. o'hara was snubbed in 03 when we were up the top of the lader and rhino was playing awesome.

Mickxpt

Juniors
its finaly great to have too many players to choose points for

3 - howell brilliant reads in defence and scored the match winner
2 - thommo fantasic
1 - thurling great little nugget

could have gone tongue schif TLL mogg frawley all guns

Chachi

Bench
2. Thommo - Busted his arse for the boys again.
2. Howell - After backing him all last year I dropped him like a dirty rag after last week, but he's shown why Elliott has persisted with him.
1. Learoyd-Lahrs - Machine. Pity he'll probably be injured again next week.
1. Schif - Just for that conversion and FG.

Thurling went hard too, and after 12 months Mogg finally showed some passion.

How Smith won the MOM at the game I'll never know. Whenever we win he seems to get it no matter how he plays. IMO by the end of the season he'll be on the bench with Zillman starting. Very ordinary defence and slow to the ball.

edabomb

First Grade
Chachi said:
How Smith won the MOM at the game I'll never know. Whenever we win he seems to get it no matter how he plays. IMO by the end of the season he'll be on the bench with Zillman starting. Very ordinary defence and slow to the ball.

Just because someone doesn't play at a million miles an hour doesn't make them hopeless :roll: . He wasn't the best, but he still had a reasonably good match.

Sure Smith made a few errors tonight, but he still had a hand in orchestrating the LL try (inside ball) and Howell (wide ball) tries. I do think he made a few poor decisions on the sixth tackle though.

But if you're going to drop Smith based on that I'd say Croker and Withers are also due to be dropped.

Kris_man

Bench
Howell WTF?! He defended ok, but not better than anyone else! (ok maybe better than Withers). Pritchard deadset had spiders on him when he scored his try! To then say he was our BEST- wow. Anyway, you guys are entitled to your opinion.

edabomb

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Howell WTF?! He defended ok, but not better than anyone else! (ok maybe better than Withers). Pritchard deadset had spiders on him when he scored his try! To then say he was our BEST- wow. Anyway, you guys are entitled to your opinion.

I gave him my three based on two plays.

1 - Holding up Rooney (?). Would of given them a 10point lead and game over.

2 - Managing to keep the ball off the deck and getting it over the line to give Schif a chance to tie.

Overall he wasn't our best, but those two plays were huge for us winning the game. Plus I don't say many nice things about him, so gotta give him props when he does well.

Kris_man

Bench
Yeah I'm not bagging him. To me, his was a good example of a solid centre's performance (because I can't really blame him for not wanting to take on Frank Pritchard at full steam, much like Carney the week before with Anthony Tupou).

edabomb

First Grade
Both our centers went ok, but Mogg did have a couple of errors in his game. Schif was involved heaps, but never really looked like breaking the line IMO. Did a very good job in the first Mogg try though of linking up in the opposing 20, one thing I've bagged him about over the years.

sydraider

First Grade
TLL will be our next ben kennedy with one exception, HE IS BETTER!

SUPER TOMMY FROM THE BRUCE!

Kris_man

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Did a very good job in the first Mogg try though of linking up in the opposing 20, one thing I've bagged him about over the years.
That was Withers, dood. Anyway, it was a set move (identical to the Graham tries vs. Manly and Newcastle), it's hard imo to give credit to one guy in particular. Schif did pass the ball to Howell in the final minute, however! And it didn't register as a try assist on NRL.com, even though imo he was instrumental in putting Davey boy outside his man. Incidentally, J Smith didn't get credit for his try creating pass to Learoyd, which I'm sure will make Prodman very happy.

Latest posts