What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Player Votes v. Panthers

ed bbay

Juniors
2 - thurling
2 - lahrs
1 - thompson
1 - mogg

cant belive not many votes for thurling all boys played well but most just played to our expectation so dont reward these players give points for outstanding play & consective good play like thomo .

paulquinn49

Bench
It's ok to player hate Kman. We have all got used to it, like how Shif will get 3 votes despite doing nothing but kicking a field goal.

No one chooses to remember his weak as defence and predictable running that never breaks lines anymore.

Paullyboy

Coach
I was thinking that too, how on earth is Schif in anyones top 3? let alone player of the game!

Yes that conversion and field goal was awesome, but he had a below par game for sure

Kris_man

Bench
Paullyboy said:
I was thinking that too, how on earth is Schif in anyones top 3? let alone player of the game!

Yes that conversion and field goal was awesome, but he had a below par game for sure
paulquinn49 said:
It's ok to player hate Kman. We have all got used to it, like how Shif will get 3 votes despite doing nothing but kicking a field goal.

No one chooses to remember his weak as defence and predictable running that never breaks lines anymore.
Context context context. I gave Schif 2 points from memory.

Anyway, neither of you guys have voted. Don't be haters - get cracking and give out your points!

Timbo

Staff member
3-David Howell. If I EVER hear of him mentioned in the same sentance as Boogs or Wolfy again (unless the sentance goes something like 'Howell is a million times better than Boogs and Wolfy) I will hunt down the author and kill them. Brilliant game.
2-Trevor Thurling. He started the season as, what, 6th choice prop? What a beast. Best forward performance by a mile.
1-Clinton Schifcofske. What a goal, then, what a field goal. Enough said.

Chachi

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Just because someone doesn't play at a million miles an hour doesn't make them hopeless :roll: . He wasn't the best, but he still had a reasonably good match.

Sure Smith made a few errors tonight, but he still had a hand in orchestrating the LL try (inside ball) and Howell (wide ball) tries. I do think he made a few poor decisions on the sixth tackle though.

But if you're going to drop Smith based on that I'd say Croker and Withers are also due to be dropped.

I never said he was hopeless - all I said was IMO he shouldn't have been called MOTM. Nobody here has even given him points. It was just an observation.

I also didn't say I would drop him to the bench right now - that would be the end of our one dimensional gameplan. I can just see that for the last 3 games he has been looking very tired & slow and by the end of the season I think that will show. If you are seeing it differently that is fair enough. Having said that, I will always think our team is better with him there - I just have my doubts that his body is up to another full season again - consistently dropped ball and missed tackles are the first sign.

Macko8

Juniors
2 Trevor Thurling- If he continues to play like he did last nite the loss of miller for the season wont hurt as much.
2 Tom Learoyd Lahrs- Played the best game ive seen him play,strong surges down the blind side and has a excellant offload.
1 Clinton Schifsofske- Strong as always and won us the game.
1 Troy Thompson- Made a sh*tload of impact off the bench. another good game from thommo.

Timbo

Staff member
There cant be that many Nick's in the Penrith area...

*sharpens knife*

Mal Meninga

Bench
Howell had a good game but his position is one that can very easily be upgraded... But he did have a good game with few errors. I'd just love to have a centre who has the pace to beat his man and be big enough to handle in defense. I want Kenny Nagas type, is that hard to ask for?

Schif always gets points... but I don't think he deserves it. You see fullbacks like Slater, Minichello, Bowen, who are the best run at the line hard, and break tackles and back up all the time but Choc hasn't been doing a great deal other than stutter stepping one way, shimmy the other, than getting dragged down in a dominant tackle.

Great conversion and field goal though.

Timbo

Staff member
Mal Meninga said:
I want Kenny Nagas type, is that hard to ask for?

Oh, those Kenny types are a dime a dozen. :roll:

I suppose you'd like us to pull a Noa tyoe out of the air to play outside of him?

Raider_69

Post Whore
can you imagine Bay72 if, kenny nogas was streaming down the sidelines for a certain try, to the tune of "Oh Can-Ber-Ra" befor dropping it cold :lol:

i think he'd got Hulk style and start smashing sh*t

nickraider

Juniors
Paullyboy said:

Because if it wasn't for Schif, we would have lost the game! Those kicks under pressure alone get the 3 points for mine. He's a f***ing legend!!

Kris_man

Bench
Are people talking badly about Ken Nagas :| :| :|

Timbo said:
Oh, those Kenny types are a dime a dozen. :roll:

I suppose you'd like us to pull a Noa tyoe out of the air to play outside of him?
How'd you miss the irony??

Latest posts