What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Broncos

Blair

Coach
IIRC, the clubs who signed with Super League (including Brisbane and the Auckland Warriors) basically were going to forfeit round 1 in unison. At least, for the Warriors, the members of the club who had Super League contracts (the coach, the playing roster) were standing down. IIRC, the club itself basically had a team drawn of local club players ready to front up against the Broncos, and thus technically didn't forfeit.

This rings a bell. In any case it's a dream start to any season - a forfeit away to the Broncos.

Alas, we didn't make too much hay out of it. Four straight defeats at the end of the season too, including (ironically) a hiding at home in our last game to the Broncos.

Ouch.

Diesel

Referee
What a balls up the 1996 season was.

I often wonder if we had made the finals in 95 and backed up in 96, if we would've been more like Melbourne as a club?

Meth

Staff member
Mateo- 69
Locke- 45
Matulino- 17
Leuluai- 15
Manu- 9
Lillyman- 4
Johnson- 3

27 voted

hitro

Juniors
What a balls up the 1996 season was.

I often wonder if we had made the finals in 95 and backed up in 96, if we would've been more like Melbourne as a club?

You're right, the tone at Warriors was set for chaos, but Melbourne were efficient from the get go and still have that momentum and attraction for players to join a successful club

TheDMC

Bench
I'd love to see Hurrell smack into Slater or Inglis like he did 5meters out against Corey Norman. Wonder if same result? It was a perfectly timed shoulder bust through...