What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Chook

Card Shark

Immortal
I wouldn’t know who to give the points to because no one stood up & said “pick me”.

Wasn’t a bad performance, 3 bombed tries aside, but we really needed a player to have a blinder.

None did....

Surely

Post Whore
I wouldn’t know who to give the points to because no one stood up & said “pick me”.

Wasn’t a bad performance, 3 bombed tries aside, but we really needed a player to have a blinder.

None did....

Nobody on the opposite team did either, because both teams defence was very good.

Was a tough semi we blew a couple of chances and had a couple of calls go against us and that was it

Frenzy.

Immortal
I thought the Sharks were the better side in every aspect bar one.

That was in owning the moments that mattered. Whether it was a tip on that didnt work, a pass thrown just a little to hard, losing a 50/50 play like Lewie’s “try” that he gets every other time, silly kick off options. These things were only milliseconds of timing and luck that went wrong.

3. Chad
2. Felix
1. Woods

I thought the Sharks were the better side in every aspect bar one.

That was in owning the moments that mattered. Whether it was a tip on that didnt work, a pass thrown just a little to hard, losing a 50/50 play like Lewie’s “try” that he gets every other time, silly kick off options. These things were only milliseconds of timing and luck that went wrong.

3. Chad
2. Felix
1. Woods

Spot on.
I am going to have to watch this game on tv, at the game Fifita was a beast. His energy and amount of players he attracted kept us there.
I'm a little shocked that no one here is giving him points.
He gets my 3.
I've been sometimes harsh on Chad this year but the last few weeks he has been superb. His shirt kicking game is great but his long kicking game holds no fear to the opposition.

I'm going to give the last point to the Fek.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Spot on.
I am going to have to watch this game on tv, at the game Fifita was a beast. His energy and amount of players he attracted kept us there.
I'm a little shocked that no one here is giving him points.
He gets my 3.
I've been sometimes harsh on Chad this year but the last few weeks he has been superb. His shirt kicking game is great but his long kicking game holds no fear to the opposition.

I'm going to give the last point to the Fek.
- at the game Chads bombs looked like park footy “forcing back” - except the roosters would catch and just run with little pressure. In goal kicks, agreed we’re good.
Anyone know what Ramien did not play?
Feki is the comeback king

Frenzy.

Immortal
- at the game Chads bombs looked like park footy “forcing back” - except the roosters would catch and just run with little pressure. In goal kicks, agreed we’re good.
Anyone know what Ramien did not play?
Feki is the comeback king

Because he has a syndo injury they are keeping quiet. May not play again in the colours and will be a risk if he does.

Chads involvement tonight couldn't be faulted
His kicking on the 5th was always a weak bomb straight down the throat of Toupou (where he got 1 lucky result!). Mix it up son! Give a few along the ground, or look for a gap to kick into.
3. Fafita 2.Feki 1. Chad

Weaponhead

Coach
On reflection, the sharks played a tough, finals intensity game.

Owning the big moments and taking the right option was the main difference.

Loots no look pass over the sideline. Uf he dummies, he scores. If he looks and executes the pass Feki scores. Contrast that with Manu who dummies, rides the tackle, keeps the ball off the line and scores.

Holmes makes a break and is one on one with the fullback. Options were Chad inside and Duges outside or take on the fullback. He hesitates, runs into Dugan lane and throws a poor pass. Chad had Friend chasing but in the slippery conditions may well have made it. He also could have taken Tedesco on.

Lewis just needed to secure possession and he scores. Great play by Mitchell but that play had to be executed.

One great example of owning the moment was Chad on an early tackle, seeing the opportunity and executing the kick for Lee.

Easts on the other hand got lucky bounces off Wade and the Tupou knock down.

They also benefited from the Sutton benefit of very little doubt.
Losing Wade is massive and none of the replacement options cover anywhere near his skill set. Losing his kicking game put more pressure on Chad. Chad did ok but just doesn't have a strong long kicking game.

If they play with intensity they will roll over Penrith.

Frenzy.

Immortal
On reflection, the sharks played a tough, finals intensity game.

Owning the big moments and taking the right option was the main difference.

Loots no look pass over the sideline. Uf he dummies, he scores. If he looks and executes the pass Feki scores. Contrast that with Manu who dummies, rides the tackle, keeps the ball off the line and scores.

Holmes makes a break and is one on one with the fullback. Options were Chad inside and Duges outside or take on the fullback. He hesitates, runs into Dugan lane and throws a poor pass. Chad had Friend chasing but in the slippery conditions may well have made it. He also could have taken Tedesco on.

Lewis just needed to secure possession and he scores. Great play by Mitchell but that play had to be executed.

One great example of owning the moment was Chad on an early tackle, seeing the opportunity and executing the kick for Lee.

Easts on the other hand got lucky bounces off Wade and the Tupou knock down.

They also benefited from the Sutton benefit of very little doubt.
Losing Wade is massive and none of the replacement options cover anywhere near his skill set. Losing his kicking game put more pressure on Chad. Chad did ok but just doesn't have a strong long kicking game.

If they play with intensity they will roll over Penrith.

No, he doesn’t have a long kick. But overall his kicking was as good as Scooper Donk’s.

Published kicking stats dont give accuracy but can be analysed a bit to make a comparison

Cronk - 20 kicks, 685 metres, 3 bombs, 1 grubber, 2 cross field kicks, 0 kicked dead, 0 repeat sets.

Chad - 17 kicks, 540 metres, 5 bombs, 2 grubbers (1 a try assist, the other should have been), 1 cross field kick, 0 kicked dead, 0 repeat sets.

Based on this one game, to me, that is more indicative of different kick strategy by the sides. Tupou has a dropped bomb in him every game. No surprise they bombed him. IMO part of the Roosters kick plan was to wear Felix out and that worked as mentioned elsewhere. He had to run way too much.

I don’t think his kicking game was a major contributor to the loss. He was far more pressured than Gronk too. WG gone and the lack of kick protection as Milky mentioned were the main factors, not the individual.

Craigshark

First Grade
I actually thought Townsend’s kicking game wasn’t too bad. I was at the ground so I could be wrong, but it seemed the bomb was a tactic to allow our chase to get down their and nullify their back three.