What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Cowgirls

Cant really think of a standout but can pick about 3-4 players for 2 points

3 Lillyman
2 Hohaia
1 Moon just over Mannering

Bring on Broncos

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3: Maloney - Took a lot of pressure off Johnson, which he needed as he was pretty skitterish tonight. Picks great times to run, to go out the back, to do most things. Looking forward to him proving it again in bigger matches.
2: Lillyman - Shades Matulino. Our props are so great.
1: Hohaia - That performance should keep his detractors quiet. Heremaia/Hohaia is our best hooking rotation by a country mile.

I still don't want Joel to go :(

Meth

Staff member
3- Mateo
2- Lillyman
1- Mannering

Honorable mention to Matulino

Izz

Bench
3 Mannering
2 Moon
1 Matulino

Thought Maloney went well.
Hohaia played well, too. Surprised that he came off.
Packer was everywhere in defense.
Inu was good. If Vatuvei comes back next week, who does he replace? Tupou?
Mara was mud.

3 - Mannering: Owned Thurston, both in attack and defence.
2 - Mateo: Involved himself a lot, good meters, didnt throw speculators. Stupid penalty let him down.
1 - Inu: My god he showed desperation, nice double

Moon was very good, Maloney his normal tough self, cut through the line beautifully for Hohaia try.
We seemed to have more of a roll on with the old bucks Rapira and Lillyman on this week.
Four forwards over 100ms this week!
Johnson continues to improve.

Not sure what the refs up to with some of the calls both ways.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Penrose i thought Maloney was terrible to be fair, well not terrible but 6-7 players better

My votes should go with a * - I was cutting in and out of watching.

I'll be honest, I have a huge wood for goalkickers who land goals like he did as well. Those sideline efforts change the mentality of the opposition, which is why I was always a Michael Witt fan.

_addict

Juniors
For Tupou yes please. With instruction to stick to your winger on defence!
Yes please. This is a good portion of our weakness.

3 - Mannering
2 - Matulino
1 - Hohaia

All our M's (Mannering, Mateo, Maloney, Matulino) seemed to play pretty well (Mara was so-so). We lucked out with a few of our plays, but at least they were running at the holes and giving it a crack, a couple of passes were drops and we dipped out on the 50-50 scrambles a bit.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Maloney - set up a try, kicked well, defended like a tiger & kicked 3/3.
2. Inu - finally.
1. Locke - another strong game.

The Ref's were a joke.
If Billy can't sort out his marker defence he won't last much longer.
Glad we didn't resign Tate.

Warmess

Juniors
Interesting game as far as points go. I don't think anyone really stood out, but:

3. Maloney
2. Mannering
1. Packer (I've been meaning to give Packer some points for a while now. One of those guys who truly puts his all in, and because of that he's typically in the right position all the time.)

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, but we benefited just as much, if not more, from them...particularly in the 2nd half

Yeah, they treated both sides the same. Just too many pedantic penalties. How many in the first 10 minutes? Seemed like 20.

3 Mannering
2 Maloney
1 Johnson

Forwards did their job this time, quick play-the balls, good running, some quality quick passing interchanges, Lot of questions asked in attack, Cowboys defended very well. High quality game.

ozbash

Referee
3- Packer
2- Lilly
1- Rapira

Inu and Mateo were good

Luck, Mannering and Maloney were great..