What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

Izz

Bench
Webster has said he plans to use CHT in the halves but I really don't see how that's going to work. Articles I've read indicate that Volkman is on the outer but I hope that's not true. He's basically the only organizing half (outside of SJ) we have in the squad

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Webster has said he plans to use CHT in the halves but I really don't see how that's going to work. Articles I've read indicate that Volkman is on the outer but I hope that's not true. He's basically the only organizing half (outside of SJ) we have in the squad
Can you elaborate at all on why Volkmann is supposedly on the outer? First I've heard about it.

JJ

Immortal
TBH I think Webster should stop making these sorts of statements on what he'll do next year (if he's actually making them, could be "journalistic licence"- CHT is good now, RTS who knows? Metcalfe seems to be settling nicely, CHT never made the halves his, but has good utility value etc...

just worry about this year, when we should make the finals, and have a top 4 chance (the table's so tight atm distractions aren't really needed)

Izz

Bench
Can you elaborate at all on why Volkmann is supposedly on the outer? First I've heard about it.
No idea but I've seen it mentioned at least twice in articles on Stuff. Here's a couple links:

under 'Any update on whether Shaun Johnson will be at the club next season'

I mean, those articles could be read as pure conjecture and hopefully they are but it does seem like if any player has to go to make room for Johnson staying it'll be Volkman, considering TMM is a Webby/Cappy regime signing, as is CHT, and the club appears to have big wraps on Metcalf...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No idea but I've seen it mentioned at least twice in articles on Stuff. Here's a couple links:

under 'Any update on whether Shaun Johnson will be at the club next season'

I mean, those articles could be read as pure conjecture and hopefully they are but it does seem like if any player has to go to make room for Johnson staying it'll be Volkman, considering TMM is a Webby/Cappy regime signing, as is CHT, and the club appears to have big wraps on Metcalf...
OK I definitely read that as conjecture- there's nothing from the club there, its a journalist making predictions and assumptions based on the current roster, next years signings and contract situations. They're all pretty fair assumptions, but they're nothing we haven't already worked out and discussed in this forum already.

GoSouths

Juniors
OK I definitely read that as conjecture- there's nothing from the club there, its a journalist making predictions and assumptions based on the current roster, next years signings and contract situations. They're all pretty fair assumptions, but they're nothing we haven't already worked out and discussed in this forum already.
Isnt that 95% of sports journalism nowadays anyway? Especially this time of year for football transfer season. Its christmas for them.

JJ

Immortal
Journalism is dead tbh, they’re all hacks who think they’re incredibly important and the smartest person in any room… both are so far from the truth it’s comical

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I like CNK and want him in the side. I just refuse to turn a blind eye to his errors that results in the opposition scoring tries. Facts are facts.

It's not only the Raiders that's seen what I'm seeing but also the kiwis. In the real games, Joseph Manu was picked at fullback.

If CNK becomes a bit more tidy, he will be a top 3 fullback.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
TBH I think Webster should stop making these sorts of statements on what he'll do next year (if he's actually making them, could be "journalistic licence"- CHT is good now, RTS who knows? Metcalfe seems to be settling nicely, CHT never made the halves his, but has good utility value etc...

just worry about this year, when we should make the finals, and have a top 4 chance (the table's so tight atm distractions aren't really needed)
I remember one interview where Webster was asked about this year and he responded by talking long term.

As good as we're doing, I'm still doubtful of us winning it this year. A win this week might show that weve turned a corner but we gotta get more inconsistent.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Dallin Watene Zelezniak

Watene Zelezniak 53
Johnson 26
Fonua-Blake 22

Nicoll-Klokstad 3
Ford 2
Harris 2

18 voted

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I like CNK, but imo there's no version of reality where he's in the top 3
He’s in front of Tedesco at the moment, and arguably Walsh given his obvious downsides. He’s be close to top three on current form and fitness considering Turbo’s done for the year and Latrell’s got a dodgy calf.

sup42

Juniors
zero seems to not like CNK much...

but to be fair, nothing is locked in... Ponga was 'locked in' at 6 - once RTS is in the squad, Webster and team will make decisions, there's not a bad option here - and remember CNK couldn't maintain this sort of form at Canberra, and of course in this sport injuries often come into play

Only death and taxes and all that.....

CNK is the only player the coach has declared will hold his spot next year. That is as close to locked in at the Warriors as anyone has got.

CNk was going better at the Raiders when he was dropped than people give him credit for. The unfortunate thing for him is that his style was and has been one dimensional and the Raiders thought they had a young star to replace him with who would turn out better. I had a laugh reading the Raiders game day thread, people asking why did we let him go.

I gave him points this week because he has added a string to his bow, I always give points to players that change their game.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
CNK is the only player the coach has declared will hold his spot next year. That is as close to locked in at the Warriors as anyone has got.
Yeah I think read somewhere that Webster would pick CNK at fullback even if RTS came back.

While on the subject of 2024 are there any thoughts on CHT. I have heard whispers he may be used at hooker. May be a shame as I think Lussick has been doing a good job.
Either way I don't think there will be a lot of signings.
CHT will be backup for Egan possibly? His concussions is a concern and I personally feel his playing days are numbered.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He’s in front of Tedesco at the moment, and arguably Walsh given his obvious downsides. He’s be close to top three on current form and fitness considering Turbo’s done for the year and Latrell’s got a dodgy calf.
Maybe not so much in the highlights department as far as tries scored and individual brilliance. Gutho and Hamiso are the form fullbacks so far. Guthersons got 15 tries and Hamiso is on 14 tries scored this season. CNK is currently sitting on 3. They're strike fullbacks and kind of like what Ricky Stuarts looking for in CNKS successor - Savage.

Now that you mentioned it - Tedesco has been quiet this last month where as Turbo probably shouldve had the year off to get himself sorted.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
CHT will be backup for Egan possibly? His concussions is a concern and I personally feel his playing days numbered.
Only Warriors fans will know how much Egan means to the team. He's a bit of an unsung hero in the league media.

A much older and wiser CHT would accompany Egan just fine IMO.