What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

Benek

Juniors
3. DWZ
2. SJ
1. AFB

Too many HMs to count. The Pompey Montoya side isn’t gelling that well though.

sup42

Juniors
Sloane killed CNK when he ran around him to score his brilliant try in the first half.

CNK also dropped the bomb that would eventually end in a Dragons try.

CNK kind of assisted in the Dragons prop (Molo I think it was) try when CNK collected a loose ball in his own goal instead of batting it out. Dragons prop just simply took it off CNK and TRY!

CNK just passed the ball to his centre as all fullbacks are required to do when an overlap is beckoning. Fullback linking with his backs happens in EVERY game. There was one pass to DWZ that just made it to DWZ who had to bend his body over to receive it.

CNK had an average game. We do need CNK but not at fullback, especially if we have a proven one in RTS. I think he should go centre or wing once RTS comes back.

Speaking of come backs - well done to Shaun. Many on here crucified him as done. Now look...lol

I think you have micro criticized CNK's game beyond what is reasonable.

Roger is not a ball playing fullback either. Also CNK has the spot, and Roger is playing elsewhere, that fact is one of the few locked in decisions by the Coaches at the Warriors who know both players.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
3. DWZ - Yeah can't fault that ridiculous finishing ability, an absolute star
2. AFB - Starting to become a little underrated in the comp, one of the form props
1. SJ - In complete control

HMs to Walker, CNK and Ford
Ford's a weird one, without the mistakes he's busy and hard-working and a great asset.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

Roger is not a ball playing fullback either. Also CNK has the spot, and Roger is playing elsewhere, that fact is one of the few locked in decisions by the Coaches at the Warriors who know both players.
No not at all. Those are the facts and actual events.

Re watch the game and you will see what I've said is accurate. You'll come back saying 'fair enough'. Some of those events are recorded here on the game day comments. I'll leave the link below for you and the video of the game that proves what I'm saying. Facts are facts.

I never said RTS is definitely playing fullback for the Warriors. I just said the former kiwis fullback and Warriors captain and the only Warrior to win the Dally M, as well as at one stage being hailed as the best fullback in the NRL, is who I would like to see at fullback.

Last edited:
3. DWZ - Yeah can't fault that ridiculous finishing ability, an absolute star
2. AFB - Starting to become a little underrated in the comp, one of the form props in the cop
1. SJ - In complete control

HMs to Walker, CNK and Ford
Ford's a weird one, without the mistakes he's busy and hard-working and a great asset.
X2

JJ

Immortal

zero seems to not like CNK much...

but to be fair, nothing is locked in... Ponga was 'locked in' at 6 - once RTS is in the squad, Webster and team will make decisions, there's not a bad option here - and remember CNK couldn't maintain this sort of form at Canberra, and of course in this sport injuries often come into play

Leber

Bench
3: DWZ
2: SJ
1: AFB

Pretty easy this week. Fords errors are annoying me even though he is a workhorse. CNK is a machine. Great fullback and pound for pound we get better value for him that we did with showpony Walsh. Buntys lack of minutes is very interesting... out of form perhaps? I'd still love to see Zyon in first grade but it probably wont be anytime soon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re CNK vs RTS - remember even Roger makes mistakes, he has good hands but he still drops the occasional kick. And he’s been 2 years out of the NRL, no way he just walks back into his spot. However a preseason could change a lot.

Leber

Bench
Re CNK vs RTS - remember even Roger makes mistakes, he has good hands but he still drops the occasional kick. And he’s been 2 years out of the NRL, no way he just walks back into his spot. However a preseason could change a lot.
Yup. I said in another thread I was worried RTS would be a dud signing. I hope not though.

Rich102

Staff member
CNK has been very impressive. His positioning has been superb.
Despite a very vocal critic I am glad he is ours.
I am sure Webster is capable of fitting both him and Roger into our backline.

While on the subject of 2024 are there any thoughts on CHT. I have heard whispers he may be used at hooker. May be a shame as I think Lussick has been doing a good job.
Either way I don't think there will be a lot of signings.

Leber

Bench
CNK has been very impressive. His positioning has been superb.
Despite a very vocal critic I am glad he is ours.
I am sure Webster is capable of fitting both him and Roger into our backline.

While on the subject of 2024 are there any thoughts on CHT. I have heard whispers he may be used at hooker. May be a shame as I think Lussick has been doing a good job.
Unless he drops his form like he did in canberra, CNK has to be number 1. He is an average winger and an OK centre, but fullback is 100% his go.

I'm not sure where CHT fits in tbh. Maybe he replaces sironens role?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well we’re stacked with halves (presuming SJ re-signs) so I think he’s most likely to be a 9/13, or a Walker type super sub role where he’s covering the whole spine.
but yeah Lussick has gone well too- our depth is looking very good and I think we need to be concentrating on retention rather than new signings.

Latest posts