What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Eels

ozreece77

Juniors
ok, im gonna give credit where its due since you 2 guys seem to have had your blinkers on.

Seymour laid on 2 tries, helped Locke set up Tates try, and also produced 4 Goal Line dropouts in a row to cause immense pressure on the Eels. He also tackled like a demon. It was his best game in a warriors jersey by far.

Seymour 3
Heremaia 2
Mannering 1

3 Seymour
2 Mannering
1 Heremaia

Packer unlucky to miss out.

I may have been watching a different game though. Not sure how Hohaia gets a look in.

Rich102

Staff member
3 Seymour
2 Mannering
1 Heremaia

Packer unlucky to miss out.

I may have been watching a different game though. Not sure how Hohaia gets a look in.

Maybe because he ran the ball for 122M (Warrior's highest) and pulled off a try-saving tackle on Burt.

Skinner

Coach
Jeez, Lancey boy still has his knockers eh. I just reckon in the last couple of years (possibly longer) he has really come on as a player and as a bloke actually.

Credit where credit is due I say.

ozbash

Referee
Seymour had a better game last night but I still think his play is way below par. Good defense but offers sfa on attack.

We are missing Issac John bigtime, he complimented Maloney perfectly..

Fumbled a grubber near our goal line and was nowhere when Cayless went to ground that kick into the in-goal. Everyone in the team was making try-savers. A fullback will always have relatively high metres, due to kick returns.

I don't really wanna argue others' opinion, just was a bit shocked that his name even came up. Let's just leave it at that.

Rich102

Staff member
I have no problems with that.
They all played well and any three would be hard to argue against.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Rich102

Staff member
Seymour had a better game last night but I still think his play is way below par. Good defense but offers sfa on attack.

I think it was his best game for us. He just seems to fade in and out a bit. Is he still a bit injured?

I thought Royal had a good game.
Still not sold on Lillyman as a loose forward.

ozreece77

Juniors

ORLY.
he played exactly how he is supposed to play for a finals series. ie he strangled the life out of the Eels in the first half which set up the win in the second half. If you consider 2 try assists and a brilliant kicking game producing 4 goal line dropouts > extra defending > extra energy used up > less tackling for us, as offering SFA on attack then i dont really know what to say. Almost impossible to get a try on the first set of six in the redzone, so I think he played bloody well. That has always been the problem with the warriors in the past - not being able to apply the blowtorch for lengthy periods of time and trying miracle plays..

ozbash

Referee
ORLY.
he played exactly how he is supposed to play for a finals series. ie he strangled the life out of the Eels in the first half which set up the win in the second half. If you consider 2 try assists and a brilliant kicking game producing 4 goal line dropouts > extra defending > extra energy used up > less tackling for us, as offering SFA on attack then i dont really know what to say. Almost impossible to get a try on the first set of six in the redzone, so I think he played bloody well. That has always been the problem with the warriors in the past - not being able to apply the blowtorch for lengthy periods of time and trying miracle plays..

yea, he had a better game..

Rich102

Staff member
I think the biggest thing I notice about the Warriors at the moment is that they are far more patient. (Maybe this comes with the better defence).
They are prepared to go through their sets and wait for the cracks to appear.

My heart was in my mouth when Manu went down.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Seymour
2. Mannering
1. Heremaia

Packer, Tate, Hohaia & Locke unlucky to miss out, Seymour's best game for us, some great one on one tackles. Last night and the game against the Broncos we have been playing finals football, we were patient, defended very well and when they made mistakes and were tired we pounced and finished them off. Eels threw a lot at us and played Parra ball, plus the reffing was interesting to say the least, liked Manu's plane after his try.

Meth

Staff member
Glad to hear Seymour had a good game- we will need him in the finals

Latest posts