What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Knights

The whole team played well. We had to hang in there at times but we were the better team on the day. Missing so many senior players the young guys stepped up.

3 - Packer
2 - Brown
1 - Maloney

Also thought John, Moon and the beast all had solid games. Manu will be much better for the run and should be back to 100% for our next game after the bye. Great to see him last the 80 minutes.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i was glad to see locke getting involved early - last week against the dragons i don't remember him touching the ball for almost the first hour.

I thought Ropati was strong again yesterday, and his defense has improved considerably this season

Ropati reminds me of Toopi too much hence the reason why I would like to see a brown/moon combo tate/brown combo etc
As long as Jereome Toopi is not in the mix, his D is not improving. Please watch the same games as me :roll:

Meth

Staff member
Ropati reminds me of Toopi too much hence the reason why I would like to see a brown/moon combo tate/brown combo etc
As long as Jereome Toopi is not in the mix, his D is not improving. Please watch the same games as me :roll:

WTF are you on about?

Iafeta

Referee
Nothing wrong with Jerome's performance yesterday. Often he was the first bloke ready to hit it up in a set of six. Good effort from him I thought.

WHeeled, I'm assuming you're cracking him for his D, but frankly, the other side over the past two months has been more of an issue than Jerome's side. I can't really remember any glaring issues at all with him defensively yesterday. I get the feeling sometimes that blokes like Ropo and Hohaia who have been around for a while are likely to be criticised no matter what, frankly.

Meth

Staff member
WHeeled, I'm assuming you're cracking him for his D, but frankly, the other side over the past two months has been more of an issue than Jerome's side.

You can tell a lot by which side the opposition directs their attack. Obviously the Knights side of Sau/Uate is infinitely stronger in attack than Lulia/McManus- but Iafeta is right. These days, you don't get the feeling that everytime the opposition directs play at Ropati, they will score

Im getting a feeling that either you (Meth or Iafeta) are related or good mates with ROPO? I have given him credit when he plays strong and well (look at my past comments) however its funny how we forget that he is still more of a liability than tate, moon and brown,ROPO has always been a good ball runner with a vision for gaps - but he shows that good class like every 10 games then back to sh*te or injured. Even though i will be seen as a ROPO hater - I do back myself up most times for why i dont like some players ways of playing the game

ozbash

Referee
Did any one else notice Manu not looking 100% before his 2nd try, looked like a shoulder problem ??

Locke was great , he played both wings at once for a large part of the game...

Meth

Staff member
Im getting a feeling that either you (Meth or Iafeta) are related or good mates with ROPO? I have given him credit when he plays strong and well (look at my past comments) however its funny how we forget that he is still more of a liability than tate, moon and brown,

Nope. I actually have been a very ardent critic of Ropati.

Recently, he has proved to be reliable in defense, where he used to be a liability.

I think you're attitude is about 4 months too late.

As for reading your past comments- no thanks. When somebody gives me a bad sample at the supermarket, I don't go looking for the product

3- Sharkey (loved the fend on Dureau to set up Manu's try)
2- Maloney
1- Moon

Classic moment at the game, that did not show up on the tv, was Hilders try, as Mullen kicked the ball a massive groan game from the Andrew Johns stand, as it looked pretty average, but some Uate magic turned it into a try and crowd went nuts. Few turn coats in the Knights Kingdom as well. Plenty of happy Warriors fans (myself included)

One Warrior

Bench
3. Brown
2. Moon
1. John

Also honourable mentions to Packer, Maloney and Manu( got a couple weeks now to get back to full fitness).

Iafeta

Referee
Im getting a feeling that either you (Meth or Iafeta) are related or good mates with ROPO? I have given him credit when he plays strong and well (look at my past comments) however its funny how we forget that he is still more of a liability than tate, moon and brown,ROPO has always been a good ball runner with a vision for gaps - but he shows that good class like every 10 games then back to sh*te or injured. Even though i will be seen as a ROPO hater - I do back myself up most times for why i dont like some players ways of playing the game

You are so far wide of the mark its not even close to being funny. Ropati was poor in both 2008 and 2009. The amount of times I'd be in this forum bagging the bloke for his inability to read spread plays and how so many times he'd be opening up gaps inside and out by coming out of the line and grabbing nothing but air ... his defence was inexcusable. There is nothing wrong with the blokes ability to effect a tackle, his technique is fine and he sticks, but so often blokes would be screaming into gaps either side of him and he'd be in no man's land. I would never though call myself a player hater as is your wont to do, I would like to think my opinion on a player is able to fluctuate dependent on their form, ability and what they offer to the club, which is why I have stopped bagging Ropati out given his good form.

However, it is fair to say that in 2010 it is the right side that is getting breached more than Ropati's side. Tate has let in a few soft ones this year, and Kevin Locke shows no faith in Brent at all, often coming in and leaving his winger open for a try (as shown in the Tigers game). On the other side, our defence seems to be a hell of a lot stronger. You'd get to a point last year where you would cringe when the ball went to Ropati's side of the field because there would be gaps a plenty, this year it's nowhere near that.

Lastly, you say you give credit to Ropati off the back of his runs? I can assure you that was not, and never has been his problem. However, you say that Tate, Moon and Brown are all a lot more effective than him, so I assume from that you're talking about average metres, line breaks etc.

Average metres:

JR 106.4
BT 86.1
JM 50.6
LB 71.2

Line breaks

JR 6
BT 6
LB 4
JM 3

Of course, Joel has played a bit of five eighth and Lewis mostly in the second row so they really aren't like for like numbers. However, Ropo is only behind Manu for line breaks and only behind Vatuvei, Ah Van (1 game only) and Rapira in metres gained.

Meth

Staff member
However, it is fair to say that in 2010 it is the right side that is getting breached more than Ropati's side. Tate has let in a few soft ones this year, and Kevin Locke shows no faith in Brent at all, often coming in and leaving his winger open for a try (as shown in the Tigers game). On the other side, our defence seems to be a hell of a lot stronger. You'd get to a point last year where you would cringe when the ball went to Ropati's side of the field because there would be gaps a plenty, this year it's nowhere near that.

I think it's not just a lack of confidence in Brent Tate, but a lack of confidence full stop- there were a number of times on the weekend when Kevin Locke came in off his wing and left Uate unmarked when perhaps the best bet would have been to stay there and not give him any space to work with.

Meth

Staff member
Lastly, you say you give credit to Ropati off the back of his runs? I can assure you that was not, and never has been his problem. However, you say that Tate, Moon and Brown are all a lot more effective than him, so I assume from that you're talking about average metres, line breaks etc.

Average metres:

JR 106.4
BT 86.1
JM 50.6
LB 71.2

Line breaks

JR 6
BT 6
LB 4
JM 3

Of course, Joel has played a bit of five eighth and Lewis mostly in the second row so they really aren't like for like numbers. However, Ropo is only behind Manu for line breaks and only behind Vatuvei, Ah Van (1 game only) and Rapira in metres gained.

To be fair, we also have always tended to direct play down J-Ro/Manu's side as well

ozreece77

Juniors
I think it's not just a lack of confidence in Brent Tate, but a lack of confidence full stop- there were a number of times on the weekend when Kevin Locke came in off his wing and left Uate unmarked when perhaps the best bet would have been to stay there and not give him any space to work with.

This seems to be the hardest thing for wingers to master. Having the confidence in the player next to you that they will do their job. Some of them will never master it, Eric Grothe for example.

Rich102

Staff member
This weeks ratings:
Brown 30
Maloney 26
Moon 21
John 12
Packer 10
Vatuvei 6
Latimore 4

Latest posts