What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Knights

Meth

Staff member
Setting this up in advance as I'm in the States so won't get to watch the game live

Hov

Juniors
3 SJ
2 Berry
1 Pompey

Tough choice tonight. Everyone deserved points really. Loving it.

Blair

Coach
3. Pompey - he really took charge of Gagai, a well-respected rep player.
2. Monty - beastly and safe, on attack and defence. His best combo.
1. Charnze - I always felt good when he came into the picture.

Johnson effective and a massive inspiration to his team and club. Harris could've gotten three points, he will in similar circumstances next week. Egan was right up there too, as was Dallin and Fonua-Blake.

I need to stop now or I'll piss Meth off and split the points around the whole 17.

Blair

Coach
Gee, the Bald Bros were good too. They entered the fray early in the arm wrestle.

Benek

Juniors
Haven’t looked at stats or replays so going off the feel from watching in the stands:

3 CNK
2 Harris
1 Berry

HM to everyone.

Big props to Montoya who was back to his best tonight just when we needed it.

Loved SJs victory lap when rested at the end.

The crowd was electric. Most fun I’ve had watching a live game a footy since forever.

Last edited:
3: CNK - 297m, 101 post contact.
2: SJ - Kick game and guiding team around the park.
1: Harris -228m and some silky hands with a great line break resulting in Walkers try.

HM Ford - 188m, 84m post contact, top tackler with 45 and played 80mins
Berry, shutting down Ponga

nswarrior

Juniors
3 - SJ - to come back from an injury like that and deliver with the pressure and expectation
2 - Harris - amazing involvement and man of match performance.
1 - Barry - wow, he had a great game and keeps on improving. Could be a stand out next year.

Meth

Staff member
3- CNK
2- Harris
1- Johnson

Everyone else was great.

Pumped.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Juniors
This was a game that was brilliant to win and to win so convincingly. It underscores the legitimacy of our season and our top 4 finish.
This! No matter what happens to the season now, we have already far exceeded any pre season expectations. Haven't been able to watch any games this past six weeks as I've been in Alaska, now British Columbia but I've been tapping into news whenever I can get it! Brilliant.

sup42

Juniors
3. Pompey - he really took charge of Gagai, a well-respected rep player.
2. Monty - beastly and safe, on attack and defence. His best combo.
1. Charnze - I always felt good when he came into the picture.

Johnson effective and a massive inspiration to his team and club. Harris could've gotten three points, he will in similar circumstances next week. Egan was right up there too, as was Dallin and Fonua-Blake.

I need to stop now or I'll piss Meth off and split the points around the whole 17.

I have the same list.

This game with Newcastle was always going to be won or lost by these three players.

Pompey had to shut down the leading try scoring edge in the NRL, and Marcello had to stop the best winger in the comp.

CNK had to lead that defensive unit of ours that has been struggling and find a way to counter Ponga's dominance in a game, CNK did that, using his own less sexy attributes (he ran for three hundred meters).

TMM gets a special mention for his part in the left edge both sides of the ball and the whole team deserves a three two one.

ozenzud

Juniors
I was lacking in confidence and still cant believe that the warriors will be playing, at a minimum, on the second last weekend of the season. But that was a great team effort. The defense of the outside backs, shutting down the back 3 of Newcastle was the winning of the match really.

3. Montoya
2. CNK
1. Harris.

I thought Berry and Pompey both had good games all round.

TheDMC

Bench
3. CNK
2. Harris
1. SJ

Can't go past these three for the points, but yep the whole backline was awesome on defense and good on attack.

Scott

Bench
I can’t think of a better ‘all round team’ performance in our history. Yes, there were a couple of standout performance's, but the entire 17 did their job and more. That is rare.
What a ride.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, this was the hardest week I can remember for 3,2,1s. Every player contributed.

No mention of Ford yet (one HM) but gee that would be about his best game this season. Ran for 188m, 94 post contact metres (beastly), made 45 tackles. One handling error, no penalties given away. 80 minutes played. Those are god mode/superstar numbers in a final.