What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Pennies

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No barett, we lose. That simple.

3 king Baz (not one inside ball!!!)
2 Gal
1 Toops

dougy is the King of average. he needs to break through that barrier this year & start producing something special each game. Doing the tackles is not enough. he needs to break the line at least once a game.

The Popper

Bench
3 - Gallen
2 - Covell
1 - Barrett

The demise of Kearney and Misi's woeful `World's Worst' performance certainly opens the door for Paris to become our first player to reach 400 games........but then, there is always Mitch Brown.:crazy:

millersnose

Post Whore

oh except for the inside balls when we had a 3 on 1 overlap

do you think his 'no inside balls' resulted in some of those amazing outer back movements which resulted in so many line breaks and tries?

dougy is the King of average. he needs to break through that barrier this year & start producing something special each game. Doing the tackles is not enough. he needs to break the line at least once a game.

how many line breaks did 'kingbaz' get?

Stuey Topper

Juniors
3-Williams - Mountain of work, did very well locking Jennings when he moved to the centres

2-Gallen - Standard effort. Took us forward and muscled up in D

1-Toops - Quality efforts in attack and defence

Special mention to Baz who was instrumental in both tries but it wasnt a game for the pretty boys

Ausguy

Coach
oh except for the inside balls when we had a 3 on 1 overlap

do you think his 'no inside balls' resulted in some of those amazing outer back movements which resulted in so many line breaks and tries?

how many line breaks did 'kingbaz' get?

Millers, he was obviously playing to the game plan, also most of those inside balls were in the first half, not sure if you were sitting on the side of the ground or end but i was at the end and trust me had he gone outside on most occasions we would have been put over the sideline. Not to mention if Keraney caught the first one trent passed he would have scored.

None i dont think, but he ran at the line a numerous times and was hard to stop. Someting we havent had for years.

Special K

Coach
3 - Gallen
2 - Barrett
1 - Millington

Well done to Reece for covering centre and playing 80 minutes after a year out and Fergo did well on debut. Covell was safe as houses once again and we really shouldn't take that for granted.

millersnose

Post Whore
Millers, he was obviously playing to the game plan,

i doubt that ricky would have said 'when you have a 3 on 1 outside then turn it inside

and in any ccase i was replying to reefys post which said there were no nside balls

also most of those inside balls were in the first half, not sure if you were sitting on the side of the ground or end but i was at the end and trust me had he gone outside on most occasions we would have been put over the sideline. Not to mention if Keraney caught the first one trent passed he would have scored.

the way i saw the game was that the pennies were compressed all night

even if you didnt suceed in going around them throwing the ball a bit wider would have made them spread their defence more

None i dont think, but he ran at the line a numerous times and was hard to stop. Someting we havent had for years.

well i admire your faith and i hope he improves

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
When i say inside ball, I mean what was happening at ANZ last night. Takes it 5 times off the ruck jsut for the sake of touching it & passes is straight inside. Then the 25 metre steer kick down field.
Dogs supporters I was with were in raptures over his performance. I just smiled because I know what they will be saying be seasons end.

millersnose

Post Whore
i really dont expect you to say he played well

however this new uncritical praise for barrets mediocre performance is making for a fun year on this forum

Snoop Shark

First Grade

2 Gal
1 Toops

Hang on a sec...there was one noteable inside ball baz did late in the first half that even the fox commentry caught on. Had he passed out wide to pomm we had a 2 man over lap!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i really dont expect you to say he played well

however this new uncritical praise for barrets mediocre performance is making for a fun year on this forum

Ok lets look at something critically.
Worst playing conditions last night at Shark park in over 25 years. What did you think of Barretts first kick. The 75 metre 40/20 from one side of the field to the other?
After you have finished applauding the best 40/20 we have had in years, lets analyse the general kicking game of our 2 halves.
Busters kicks were precise, if not too few.
The kings kicking game was a breath of fresh air at last. Towering downfield kicks that were well placed. he can kick us out of danger from 30 metres out from our line. That already is an improvement in our squad from last year.
The worst conditions to kick in, yet we saw our best kicking display since Green & healey.

spider

Coach
What did you think of Barretts first kick. The 75 metre 40/20 from one side of the field to the other?
ill give him 60 - 65 metres, and im taking into account the position of the field he kicked from

it was a good kick, but it was wind assisted and took an A grade bounce which accounted for 10 - 15 metres of the kick alone

to put it in perspective, covell took a drop out that went that distance on the fly

Frenzy.

Post Whore
3 - Gallen
2 - Barrett
1 - Millington

Well done to Reece for covering centre and playing 80 minutes after a year out and Fergo did well on debut. Covell was safe as houses once again and we really shouldn't take that for granted.

No we shouldn't. In fact I hope he is seriously considered as fullback.

Like everywhere else he may play he'd lack speed but that'd be all. He's our safest hands by a mile. He's always in the right spot to clean up despite his slowness.

His lack of speed is possibly less of a liability than putting in a rookie like Stapo or Simmons.

Yes, I mean rookie for Simmons. Actually I might be talking him up

spider

Coach
cov wasn't put under much pressure last night

still manages to break that first tackle though

it really is a shame he is so slow or he could play at the back

cant see him keeping up with the play let alone sniffing around to hit a hole off the hip of a ball player when quick acceleration is required

surely the coach would have slotted him there on a night such as last night if he could

azzah72

Bench
Ok lets look at something critically.
Worst playing conditions last night at Shark park in over 25 years. What did you think of Barretts first kick. The 75 metre 40/20 from one side of the field to the other?
After you have finished applauding the best 40/20 we have had in years, lets analyse the general kicking game of our 2 halves.
Busters kicks were precise, if not too few.
The kings kicking game was a breath of fresh air at last. Towering downfield kicks that were well placed. he can kick us out of danger from 30 metres out from our line. That already is an improvement in our squad from last year.
The worst conditions to kick in, yet we saw our best kicking display since Green & healey.

your dead set off your dial!! His general play was average at best, yes he did a coupe of good things but he was missing the majority of the match and made some very noticeable errors and misses in general play!!

If that was Noddy you'd be typing 100 line threads about the "toxic Gnome" and how everything is predictable!!! yadda yadda!

You seriously are a classic! what you see for one player and another is astounding!

end of the day, i saw nothing new from last year but i wont be to harsh as the weather was bad.

it was bad at homebush too!

Latest posts