What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Sharks

Big Marn

Juniors
i will go
3 AFB
2 Harris
1 Barnett

I reckon there was enough front foot ball to win this game. bugger.

Grizzman

Juniors
3 Harris
2 AFB
1 Johnson

HM Berry. First 20 is looked brilliant and then I think we got impatient.

2002 was the last time I was here and bugger me we didn't carry on with the job.

Still some great signs and work ons.

We didn't respect the Sharks enough by looking for shortcuts coupled with being impatient.

Mad respect to the Sharks for staying in the fight and getting the job done.

03. Harris
02. AFB
01. SJ

DM: Ford for his bad hands.

DM: The Ground Announcer. Sounded like a template or IVR to get the fans up. Found him more irritating than the result.

DM: Mexican (Mana) Wave WTF is that shit? This isn't boring Rugby or Soccer.

Rich102

Staff member
3. AFB. Played big minutes.
2. Berry. Looked sharp.
1 Tauipiki. Took his opportunities well. Defence was good.

-6 for DWZ. Someone has to teach him to defend.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1 Tauipiki. Took his opportunities well. Defence was good.
I love his energy and his fullback fundamentals (hands under the high ball, tackling, positioning) are sound but he needs a support/distribution game. Hes a bit of a one trick pony on attack looking to beat players with footwork which doesn’t really have a high success rate against quality defence.

Izz

Bench
Yeah, would love to see CHT playing at hooker. Think he's got the perfect skillset for it. Lussick's service is average at best, and apart from willingness to defend, that's about all he has.

Thought Webby's bench use was poor, tbh. Didn't respond at all to the way the Sharks lined up their bench, persisted with Walker playing in the middle when we really needed another big body there in the second half to soak up some punishment. Even Ale for 10 minutes would've been good, I think. Pretty stink for Ale, to be picked R1 but then for his coach to have no confidence in him to do his job. Walker's edge defense wasn't great for the few minutes Capewell came off, so maybe that's why Webby didn't move Walker to the other edge and hook Ford, but really I think it's just that Webby loves Ford. And apart from Ford's errors, I think almost every other backrower would've scored that try he didn't.

Anyway, only round 1, I guess. Plenty more to go. Will be interesting to see how we turn up against Melbourne...

hitro

Juniors
Does anyone here know did CHT play in another grade this week and what position??

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh, they won and he kicked 5/5 as well. Big Ali scored another try also so great result for the team.

ozenzud

Juniors
Roger dropped that kick and lead directly to a Sharks try. Not sure how much work he has put into FB. But that was disappointing

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Roger dropped that kick and lead directly to a Sharks try. Not sure how much work he has put into FB. But that was disappointing
Yeah he looked rusty when he switched. Probably been concentrating all his training on centre.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. AFB - We're going to miss him a lot, looks elite again this year
2. Harris - Crucial he stays fit, he was a beast
1. SJ - We wasted him, Johnson looked as sharp as ever and pinned the Sharkies upteen times

We lost all our shape when Egan came off, to the point where we became a different team that can't do jack on the opponents line.

Metcalf goes missing in a big way.

We don't need Ford, shame we lost Curran.

Meth

Staff member
Round 1 winner- Addin Fonua Blake

Fonua Blake 25
Harris 17
Johnson 4
Barnett 3
Berry 2
Egan 2
Tauipiki 1

9 voted

Latest posts