What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3, 2, 1 v Titans

Iafeta

Referee
3 Lillyman - best game of his career, he made an enormous difference... when he came on, the Tits momentum stopped in a hurry
2 Hurrell
1 Maloney

Hon mention to Mateo and Lousi. Both took the side forward well.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Hurrell - Suddenly we have someone who knows how to find the line.
2. Lillyman - What a guy to have as an impact player.
1. Martel - Got the ball rolling for us once again.

Same thing as always, 60mins of class with 20mins of rubbish.

Brando

Juniors
3. Maloney
2. Hurrell
1. Matulino

Was at the game and had an aisle seat near the entrance and overheard Titans fans as they looked for their seats and on more than one occassion saying things like "f**k are we in NZ" and "are there any Titans fans here" etc so a special mention also to the dedicated fans in black!
A dishonourable mention to the big fat Warriors supporter who stood in the aisle blocking everyones view and when asked to move wanted to fight everyone and anyone. Great image bloke and good for the kids to see this Jake the Muss wannabe in the Green Warriors jersey.
We still have a long way to go, two wins against depleted teams is no real test and our left side defence is frightening....but we are getting points and gaining confidence and momentum. Here's hoping!

kos

Juniors
Yeah was at the game too, think maybe you were near what they call the away supporters bay. Have another guy to match your fat guy. There was a 1 minute stand and be silent call up b4 the game for David Mead (gctitan) dad who dies this week. Man in black warriors jumper urged by nzw supporter kids to stand up and show respect gave 2 fingered 2 handed salute and stayed sitting. There is always one or two dopes from club supporters.

It was good to win and be around lots of NZW supporters. I get bloody homesick watching the Mt Smart games as the place is my spiritual home.

Think we need to aim up to get the Broncos though. Need to sort out our defence on that wing area around Omar.

Is Locke carrying an injury?

Brando

Juniors
Yeah was at the game too, think maybe you were near what they call the away supporters bay. Have another guy to match your fat guy. There was a 1 minute stand and be silent call up b4 the game for David Mead (gctitan) dad who dies this week. Man in black warriors jumper urged by nzw supporter kids to stand up and show respect gave 2 fingered 2 handed salute and stayed sitting. There is always one or two dopes from club supporters.QUOTE]

There were some real noisy fans in that silent period too. Some people are just selfish, I guess.

Meth

Staff member
That was the first time this season that Steve Rapira has looked any good.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don;t think you can blame Omar for the left sie defensive issues- we suck there with Manu or Fish as well, which would indicate that the problem is a structural one. We compress hugely on that side al the time, leaving whoever is on the wing forced to come in leaving a huge overlap.

ozbash

Referee
I don;t think you can blame Omar for the left sie defensive issues- we suck there with Manu or Fish as well, which would indicate that the problem is a structural one. We compress hugely on that side al the time, leaving whoever is on the wing forced to come in leaving a huge overlap.

True, and for quite a few years too.

Blair

Coach
...There is always one or two dopes from cl87uikm ub supporters.

Yep, and we're guilty by association. I remember once at Brookvale, the 'Parramatta Jesus' was doing a lap with his 'disciples' (funny stuff and he's a great character). The Manly fans were giving him some good natured stick.

Then, of course, a drunken idiot had to charge down the hill and crash tackle him hard onto concrete. Poor peace-loving Jesus was cut and bloodied and the whole scene turned ugly.

...It was good to win and be around lots of NZW supporters. I get bloody homesick watching the Mt Smart games as the place is my spiritual home.

Being around NZW supporters, there's nothing like it. Having never been to Mt Smart I know nothing else but watching matches away. The SFS is still my favourite venue, followed by the Olympic Stadium.

That new Brisbane stadium always looks fantastic. Be our eyes and ears this Friday and report back please.

Two results went our way this weekend (and most importantly our win) but the others didn't. Souths and Manly got big wins to pull ahead in the f/a differential*. That will put us back to ninth next week if the Broncos and Tigers win (no Einstein).

*Edit - although, both the Knights and Eels came back strongly to limit the damage.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
This weeks totals:
Hurrell 55
Maloney 50
Lillyman 15
Friend 13
Matulino 7
Packer 3
Mannering, Lousi & Mateo 2
Rapira 1