What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v TiTs

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Taylor
2- Locke
1- Lillyman

I almost fell over when I saw this morning that Lillyman was in the Maroons 25-man squad, but he is seriously impressing me of late.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Taylor
2. Locke
1. Maloney

Mannering, Brown, Matulino, Mateo and Lillyman also deserved points, Vatuvei will be better for the run and it was great to see him get through the match ok.

Rich102

Staff member
3 Maloney
2 Taylor
1 Locke

Gee, is Seymour slow or what? Would love to see Maloney with a good halfback.
Best Warriors game of the season.
Big ups to Mateo. Played well and stood up for Locke.

armchaircritic

Juniors
3. Locke - Cya Lance.
2. Taylor - Was not convinced, his effort today has changed my mind.
1. Mateo - Hard to pick final spot, but picked him because of his aggression at the end.

Maloney also played well, as did Lillyman.

Best game of the season by far.

Izz

Bench
3 - Taylor -- damn good game all around. smart, smart player.
2 - Locke -- loved the way he attacked the ball, and his injections into the line were very effective.
1 - Lillyman -- dominant performance.

Hon. mentions to Brown, Mateo, Maloney, Packer, Mannering and Matulino. The latter two, as well as Brown, backed up really well, though Brown was blowing a bit for the first 15 of the second half.

Also nice to see consistent quality delivery from dummy-half. Good stuff, Mara.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I agree- I am no Seymour fan. I'd be throwing Shaun Johnson in before long if he's in the sort of form I'm led to believe in the Vulcans.

Warmess

Juniors
3. Maloney
2. Taylor
1. Locke

Lance should not see the #1 again while Fish or Locke are available. Should have been done long ago.

I agree that Johnson should replace Seymour, those two as a halves combo could be devastating.

3 - Locke: now thats how a fullback should play, loads of energy, quick thinking for Maloneys run away try.
2 - Taylor: Loved his try, big effort
1 - Brown: Just always shows up, backed up after a test. Sign this guy up for 10 years please! :)

Can't agree that it was our best game of the year, still could of lost to a top 4 team, think Storm game is our best overall.
This might of been our best attacking game, but it wasnt for the full 80mins. We didnt get to a kick for the first 15mins in the second half.

Good to see the Beast back, pity the Mead owned him on attack (Manu on defence). But will be better for it, and has Uate next week to contend with.

MKEB...

Staff member
3.Taylor
2.Matulino
1.Lillyman

Difficult to not give points to half the side...Ta'ai Brown Packer Mannering

Iafeta

Referee
3 Locke - should silence any doubters that the kid is a genuinely good fullback
2 Lillyman - someone needed to seriously step up and lead the pack with Rapira out, and a couple of the lads hurting from the test match. Bull helped destroyed the Titans up front
1 Taylor - a genuine talent, I liked the look of him in his first season in NYC, sharp balance, vision and ball skills. Its easy to look at a lack of involvement in taking the ball forward for young backrowers, but he's a different type of player in how he draws players in to set up others well. A few years ago on these forums and others a big criticism of the club was a lack of variety in the backrow, but with the likes of Taylor, Ta'ai, and Mateo, we do genuinely have creativity in the backrow.

All in all, very good performance, particularly given some of our core players would have been shagged by the test match, and they put in strong performances playing lengthy minutes.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
3. Taylor
2. Locke
1. Maloney

Packers hit-ups and Inu hit-ups and under the highball - nice

Mannering, Brown, Matulino, Mateo and Lillyman also deserved a mention

Meth

Staff member
3- Taylor
2- Lillyman
1- Locke