What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs cooked chooks

Rich102

Staff member
3. Brown. Huge game. 11 hit-ups for 106 m.
2. Maloney. Always involved.
1. Luck. Good involvement in attack. Rugged in defence.

Mateo would have had points but too many errors.
Good to see Hohaia back to form.
Greatle improved team effort.

My Morning Coat

Juniors
Im going the same as rich.Brown was a handful everytime he had the ball,Maloneys kicking game got us good metres and luck proved he isnt just a tackling machine.I was concerned that we would be steam rolled by there MASSIVE forward pack but big ups to our pack,who i think are the smallest in the comp.

Iafeta

Referee
Mate, you're a NFI 'Hall of Famer'
You're the Patron of the NFI club

Why don't you just 'Honorable mention' the whole team while you're at it
Such a keen observer of the game, the Warriors should hire you

Seriously? The guy is expressing an opinion in a thread asking for his votes on players of the day, yeah? What a knob-jockey reply from you.

I find it tough to come up with a point list this week, I don't think there were any stand out performers as such, it was unstructured and lacked rhythm but it was gutsy and forced the Roosters into errors which we took advantage of.

3 Sharky
2 Luck - he's got some sting in his D this year
1 Mannering - ran a good hole line to get the break, if he had have looked inside though Berrigan was under the sticks so he bombed it

Inu is playing miles better than he did last year.

Micistm

Bench
What game were you watching??

If you'd said that about the Sharks game last week I would have agreed with you, but last night we were 100 times better. If we keep playing like that we'll be giving ourselves a fair shot every week.

Yeah, pretty unfair and credit where it's due. We weren't perfect, but improving a bit each week after the awful three rounds. I'm happy with that.

Brown-Maloney-Inu

1pt could've gone to a few, but I thought I should eat my words about Inu fair and square, he's been great for us:)

Rich102

Staff member
Brown
Maloney
Inu

It amazes me how much yardage Brown makes and how many defenders it takes to stop him

Do you think it is because he is a good head shorter than most forwards? Being squat & solid he is harder to get down to. I remember Bobby Clark, used to play for Otahuhu, same stature but much more weight. Used to be very hard to get hold of.

Iafeta

Referee
Gorden Tallis spoke about Sharky on Fox before the game. He said he found players like him the hardest to tackle. Because they're not big they have to be smart to get to this level, and he feels Sharky is very good at putting on a little bit of footwork before the line to get between defenders and drive forward as they adjust. I thought that was a good summation.

Meth

Staff member
Seriously? The guy is expressing an opinion in a thread asking for his votes on players of the day, yeah? What a knob-jockey reply from you..

to be fair, I definitely threw the first punch in this one.

But, over the course of this season, Rev has shown that he has NFI

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
lol handbags at ten paces stuff between Meth and Revelations.

lol I've got no more handbags, Meth stole all mine.

If Meth walked ten paces he'd make his own top three and his handbags would get an honourable mention.

Why don't you (Meth) and Supercoach Ivan Cleary get together and come up with some more set moves make sure it involves Luck at first receiver

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I didn't watch the whole game, found it interesting watching Mateo in the 6. Is he going to play 6 for a while or was it a makeshift positional change? He seemed to go alright considering he has been playing in the backrow for the past few years.

Meth

Staff member
lol handbags at ten paces stuff between Meth and Revelations.

Look, I am really not desperately trying to get into a little spat with Rev.

The reason I said that he had NFI in this thread was this comment

Anyone who picks Mannering and Lillyman should be locked away

Mannering made a break, but totally, and somewhat comically, bombed a try. Aside from that, he had a tremendous game and has been much, much better at centre than he has been in the backrow for a while.

Lillyman made a couple of errors on the receiving end of some heavy defense, but aside from those blushes, he had a very good game.

When somebody can't see that, they clearly have NFI.

In addition, Rev has vigorously asserted a couple of other boneheaded views- such as 'let's throw in Sam (not Sione) Lousi' and 'what is everybody talking about- Heremaia is going great guns.'.

So, spade a spade, he has NFI

On with it.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
3 - Maloney
2 - Brown
1 - Luck

Mateo was menacing, but errors counted against him. You have to allow him to play ball though. There is no such thing as "safety first" football in his game.

Izz

Bench
I didn't watch the whole game, found it interesting watching Mateo in the 6. Is he going to play 6 for a while or was it a makeshift positional change? He seemed to go alright considering he has been playing in the backrow for the past few years.
I think he'll be there for a while. He played there a bit for the Eels, did alright, iirc.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Look, I am really not desperately trying to get into a little spat with Rev.

The reason I said that he had NFI in this thread was this comment

Mannering made a break, but totally, and somewhat comically, bombed a try. Aside from that, he had a tremendous game and has been much, much better at centre than he has been in the backrow for a while.

Lillyman made a couple of errors on the receiving end of some heavy defense, but aside from those blushes, he had a very good game.

When somebody can't see that, they clearly have NFI.

In addition, Rev has vigorously asserted a couple of other boneheaded views- such as 'let's throw in Sam (not Sione) Lousi' and 'what is everybody talking about- Heremaia is going great guns.'.

So, spade a spade, he has NFI

On with it.

Mannering looks like he's playing better in the centres - because the guy he replaced was poo. Though I guess Mannering is playing a little better, his passing is a little laboured, It's good having a big guy in the centres - all I'm saying he wasn't in the top three performers.
Likewise Lillyman played better, not in the top three IMO. He needs to watch his hitup technique.

The Lousi comment was a joke...and I never use the term 'great guns' I said he's (Heremaia) a good player and he is not terrible like some of these Mara fans have been saying. He made 35+ tackles and put in a good kick.

You are obviously the NFI Club selector....then again what would I know

No Spat here buddy :BDH:

Micistm

Bench
3 - Maloney
2 - Brown
1 - Luck

Mateo was menacing, but errors counted against him. You have to allow him to play ball though. There is no such thing as "safety first" football in his game.

Yeah, a mate was watching at my place and bagging the hell out of Mateo for his errors. I can understand it's frustrating, but you gotta take the good with the bad and give the guy a chance to get into the role, which he's only done for two weeks so far. I'm enjoying it. Yes it's hairtearing at times but also great fun and when it comes off is great. And I'd always prefer that to boring