What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Eels

Rich102

Staff member
OK, Humble pie first. Ropati went well & Henderson had his best game in a Warriors jersey.

3. Maloney. He has added a new dimension to the team.
2. Vatuvei. On one leg. Hope we see him fully fit again.
1. Brown. Go Sharkey.

Honorable mentions to all the rest.

blain

Juniors
3 Maloney
2 Brown
1 Ropati

Lousi went ok.. but when Tai was on he added so much more. Whole team went well, no bad performances which is nice to see!

Warmess

Juniors
Gah, three people isn't fair for this game...

3. JRo (seriously, his kick returns were awesome. Hohaia needs a good kick up the ass, maybe he was the catalyst.)
2. Maloney
1. Brown

Really wanted to give at least a point to Ta'ai aswell, christ he's good. Packer had a great game too, as well as Vatuvei.

1.Jro-really surprised me today, he was everywhere. Great stuff stepping up like that.
2. Brown-awesome as usual.
3.Maloney-great stabilizing influence on the team, leads the team round well. Good kicker. a great buy this season.

devoid

Juniors
3. Jerome - another great display. This guy is close to leading us every week with his efforts.

2. Packer - absolutely gutsey today.

1. Henderson - has never been my favourite flavour, but have to hand it to him; fine game today.

blain

Juniors
i was amazed how hard Jerome ran it back, or are Hohaia's returns that weak?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
3 = Maloney. Really stepping up at the Warriors. He's beginning to look like an old-hand in the halves.

2 = Ropati. As the president of the now-defunct JBro Haters' Society, it still hurts to say this. Jerome Ropati had a very good game tonight. Ouch.

1 = Brown. Not only for his brace of tries, but for his tireless work ethic. He is really coming along well.

Big wraps to Packer, Ta'ai & Henderson too. Everyone really muscled in and had fine games. Considering the conditions, it was a bloody good effort.

The Panthers will provide a very good litmus test for just how well the Warriors can compete for the finals series.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
i was amazed how hard Jerome ran it back, or are Hohaia's returns that weak?

Ropati had a bloody good game at fullback. I'd actually like to see him back there against the Panthers, regardless of how Hohaia is.

Hohaia tends to look more for a gap, rather than trying to create one. He's not a power player, likely to create a line break. I think that what affects his kick returns.

Rovelli

Bench
3. Ropati - Great game today. Good kick return, and looked likely all game.

2. Brown - This guy has been a great find for us. Love the passion he brings to the game, he's such a workhorse.

1. Maloney - his first full season in the NRL, he's looked more assured of late. Defensively, he wasn't the turnstile he has been in some games. On attack, his place-kicking was good.

Team-wise, clinical is how I would describe it. We started well, then had to absorb some early pressure. When we eventually got on top, we piled on the points. Just got the job done so well, so clinically.

Penrith next Sunday in the sunshine out in Sydney's west will be a real test of where we are at. They will no doubt try get us down the edges (like they did against Manly) or if that fails, will launch an aerial assault. We'll need to be ready.

Iafeta

Referee
3 Jerome Ropati - amazing fullback's performance
2 Ian Henderson - kept us nice and direct. Best game in a long time from Hendo.
1 Michael Luck - some really nice short passes early on, and as usual good D. I just thought some of the 1% plays Luck came up with early on helped Isaac and James settle into the game well.

3 Packer - I thought he really laid the platform for us great go forward all game
2 Brown - He runs hard all game has great energy
1 Maloney - Good kicking and conversions and good all round game

Also thought Johns game and kicking was really good , Ropati for his kick returns , Tai for his try and tackle busting

Meth

Staff member
3- Ropati
2- Brown
1- Packer

Good games from all of the little men- Maloney, John, Henderson and Heremaia

Mannering (particularly first half), Luck, Ta'ai, Matulino all great as well

ozreece77

Juniors
3 Ropati. First mistake free game ive seen him play eva! Blinder of a game. 23 hitups and 240m tells the tale

2 Packer. laid the foundation for the team. 146m and 17 hitups. And he is still only 20. Getting to the stage that I'm going "Yay Packers back on" when he comes back from his spell.

1. Hendo. 2 try assists from our favourite headless chicken. Went well today.

Honourable mentions for Brown, T'ai, Vatuvei, Maloney, Matulino and Mannering.

Last edited:

devoid

Juniors
Actually, should mention Isaac John; thought he bounced back after a quiet game against the Roosters. Our spine all played their part, although this might be the first clear cut decision Hendo has scored over Heremaia this season (numerous ties).

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Team-wise, clinical is how I would describe it. We started well, then had to absorb some early pressure. When we eventually got on top, we piled on the points. Just got the job done so well, so clinically.

if i'm honest, once we got up 12-6 i never thought we'd lose it. there was none of the usual worry and expectation of giving up a daft try or collapsing. that's certainly in part to how inept the eels were (probably mostly so), but to actually follow through on that confidence and position is nice to see.

may have been crap opposition, but that was professional.

Martli

Coach
I think a warriors team of the past would have clocked off once it was in the bag, but they seemed intent on really giving it to the eels, didn't hold back until the 80th minute.

3. JEROME ROPATI (sh*t I hate him but jesus wasn't he on a mission today)
2. LEWIS BROWN (He has featured in my 321 the last few weeks onya sonny)
1. JAMES MALONEY (Yeah its about time we have a decent halfback I can see him being our buy of the year)