1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

3 2 1 vs Sharks

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Brutalitops, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

I thought Norman was okay too. His kicking and passing game were a lot more slick than what Hunt has been offering. He did switch off towards the end, which is disappointing but i think he can build some combos.

slippery5, BLM01 and Blood&Bandage like this.
  2. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

3. Dufty

2. McInnes

1. Hunt

3. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

1. McInnes
    2. Dufty
    3. Lomax

4. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

3, McInnes
    2, Dufty
    1. Lomax

Great to see Friz have a good game and a smile on his face....gonna miss him!

Old Timer likes this.
  5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

3. Dufty
    2. Captain
    1. Hunt
    Special mention for Rava for dropping all those balls and nearly forcing Mc1 to throw a chair through the window
    Another special mention to Flanno for picking the side and giving Mary the game plan to beat his former side

6. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

3. Dufty
    2. McInnes
    1. Frizell

7. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

3. DuffMan was everywhere
    2. Frizlle gave 100%
    1. Hunt actually smiled while playing on field.

8. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Have a look at his reaction AFTER the victory song.

Smurf likes this.
  9. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

3. Frizzel
    2. Dufty
    1. McInness / Lomax

I thought Kerr probably had 1 of his better games as well.

10. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Might as well post the official Dally M haul too

3 - Dufty
    2 - McInnes
    1 - Hunt

blacksafake likes this.
  11. Batman251

Batman251 Juniors

3 McInnes
    2 Dufty
    1 Lomax

12. possm

possm Coach

3. Dufty
    2. Hunt
    1. Vaughan

• Special mention for Clune who played really well

13. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Surely Saab gets a run next game ???

BLM01 likes this.
  14. 2010

2010 Bench

Dufty
    Lomax
    Vaughan
    Special mention Clune, his kicks were spot on

15. Belta

Belta Juniors

Kudos (long awaited) to whoever decided to try a different attacking format, finally seeing the long standing mundane, disjointed attack wasn’t actually working.
    Dufty had one of his days out, without his try and two try assists we most definitely lose.
    Mcinnes is the workhorse, who gets the job, regardless of his position. A host of players could get 1 point, but I liked the contributions of Kerr and the effort of Graham. Vaughan and Friz both strong (but I need to say yet another drop ball from Friz) Rav - yet another rocks and diamonds performance - , more mistakes from JP and Aitken. Lomax - loved his effort, always get the feeling on the cusp of something special but unfortunately just falls short, oh sorry got carried away, more than 3

16. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

I am NOT a fan of Aitken but there were multiple moments this match where I thought he was impressive. His effort was notably raised and he saved our asses in defence a few times.

We know it probably won't last but it was nice to see. Aitken could be a great player under a real coach

denis preston likes this.
  17. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

I’ve never seen him not give 100% but he just hasn’t added another dimension to his game, to be fair though who has?

18. Belta

Belta Juniors

I can’t help but feel we have a team of players who at times are very capable but in other situations have deficiencies. I do like Aitkens strong runs and he can defend well in some situations. But overall Aitken like much of the team appear an incomplete product, whether it be poor defensive reads like Rav coming in when he didn’t need to, or simple drop balls, or inabilities to catch bombs or just an overall lack of foresight, perhaps a lack of shape I don’t know but ultimately we appear to lack cohesion and fluency. I thought of this again this week watching Penrith, than on a few other games I’m watching some beautiful ball movement through the centres to there wingers to score. We don’t seem to get in the position or we don’t execute properly or for some reason we struggle to generate such tries. Would Aitken be a star at another club? I don’t know. Who is to blame? The player. The coaching staff? Or both? Hopefully with the few changes we see an overall improvement.