What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Storm

vvvrulz

Coach
TL- I cannot understand for the life of me Coaches etc continue to think he's a halfback of quality. I don't get it. It's Rovelli stuff all over again IMO. Decent guy, good attitude, good hooker...just doesn't have it for in the halves IMO. We saw it in the '08 WC, he just couldn't offer enough.:?

Rovelli was horrible when he wasn't on song, but he had a few strong games in the halves in 2007. I haven't seen TL offer anything even remotely resembling attacking play, he doesn't break the line, he doesn't put someone through the line, his kicking game offers nothing.

All he does is catch and pass, and tackle. Not good enough.

I really want to see Godinet given a chance as starting 6, or even Mateo. Thomas to the bench as substitute hooker.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Leuluai should be playing hooker but it's just not gonna happen while Friend is here. Both guys are close to 80min hookers. That's why as much as I like Friend it wouldn't be a bad thing if he left at the end of the season, because if we are gonna have Leuluai for 3 seasons we may as well use him in his most effective position.

shinobi

Juniors
3 - Johnson
2 - Locke
1 - Henry

I reckon Henrys goes hard in the second row. Locke was really getting involved. Cant really fault the effort of the team its just down to silly errors (i.e Hurrell) and Leuluai being a rubbish 5/8. Stick Mateo there and just let him run.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I still reckon Henry is useless tbh. A slow, unco-ordinated bloke going hard is still a slow, unco-ordinated bloke.

tangalife

Juniors
Funny...if you'd listened to the commentators, you'd reckon Johnson was having a shocker. He scored or set up all of our tries and yet he was getting blamed for passing the ball to blokes who dropped it :?

Thats because on my count he made two. One no looker that Benry couldnt tell if it was for him or Hurrell so knocked on and one behind a charging Hurrell off the ruck. He then did another semi bad no looker to Tupou of all ppl but Billy managed to catch it. That little kick to Tupou was a bad play also.

Still, not disasterous errors, just silly ones, and he made up for it with all his other effots. SJ's best game since sometime last year.

tangalife

Juniors
And Henry is great. Good shut down tackler, will slowly bulk up over time to be a stronger back rower. He will be my pick for #13 after Lowrie now that Taylor is off

Iafeta

Referee
3 Johnson
2 Rapira
1 Locke

3 - Johnson
2 - Locke
1 - Rapira

And (apart from the other dodgy performances already mentioned) Todd Lowrie is pissing me off at the moment. He's always getting penalised and seems to have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - I think at one stage he killed a 3-on-1 overlap by not passing.

In fairness to Lowrie, he was hit pretty much on receiving the ball. Agree, if he could have got the ball further right we were in, but not many players would have got the ball on safely.

Funny...if you'd listened to the commentators, you'd reckon Johnson was having a shocker. He scored or set up all of our tries and yet he was getting blamed for passing the ball to blokes who dropped it :?

Yeah they started to rant after Benry put one down. Benry wasn't even watching the ball and had his hand out like he was about to low five a chihuahua.

Iafeta

Referee
They were criticizing his no-look or more like "late-look" passing, a couple of which were slightly awry but should have been caught anyway. Johnson was playing beautifully and if he had a real #6 with him we'd have so much attacking weaponry.

Worse than those passes was Mateo hurling one two meters in front of Laumape and Thomas passing to thin air for it to bounce into touch.

Sometimes lucks with you, or against you. I reckon if Leuluai was wearing purple last night, that pass bounces up straight to Laumape and he goes in. As it was, it turned bigger than a Shane Warne leg break to third slip.

Iafeta

Referee
Thats because on my count he made two. One no looker that Benry couldnt tell if it was for him or Hurrell so knocked on and one behind a charging Hurrell off the ruck. He then did another semi bad no looker to Tupou of all ppl but Billy managed to catch it. That little kick to Tupou was a bad play also.

Still, not disasterous errors, just silly ones, and he made up for it with all his other effots. SJ's best game since sometime last year.

Yeah the pass to Hurrell was poor. Not only where it ended up being, but because he passed a quick spiral onto a man charging onto the ball. You've got to deaden the pass in that situation. The kick was on IMO, it was just a metre too long.

Agree, best game from him in a long while. Also had a 40/20 that was disgracefully U-turned. If he played for Melbourne, that 40/20 would NEVER have been overruled. I can see what people have been saying for years, the top 3 to 4 teams get all the 50/50 calls, even ones that are miles odds on against them, and the bottom teams get dodge-city thrown at them. It was an appalling decision that. Especially given there was what, one replay that certainly was not conclusive.

Iafeta

Referee
100%. What happend to the deliberate forward pass rule? The chap who received the ball was standing in an offside position (IE ahead of the ball carrier). It wasn't even a fumbly forward pass, it was deliberately passed forward to a man ahead of him.

Micistm

Bench
Most teams suffer in the calls dept when playing the storm...It's not anti Warrior calls, it's Pro Storm IMO. They are the darlings of the comp and will get the rub of the green when it comes to 50/50s. It you're relying on a fair go with calls to beat the Storm, it aint gonna happen IMO.
Storm did deserve to win though, I begrudgingly admit.

vvvrulz

Coach
That 40/20 call and the forward pass pretty much cost us the game, along with the decision to take the two points with 10 mins left.

I was watching the Storm Tigers match a couple of weeks back and the refs were disgracefully in favour of Melbourne, they do get the rub of the green there is no doubt about it.

Abdullah

Juniors
why or why do i think that mr perinara is so scared to stand up like a man and tell ozzie ref that they made mistake...it happen last week against rhino thigh steve clark in kiwis test, and then with chicken leg last night...grow some maate.

Abdullah

Juniors
oh i almost forget

3. Johnson
2. Laumape
1. Todd Lowrie - best game so far...does he save himself for only this game?

-3. sorry Ro bro...2 miss tackle = 2 tries to storm...maybe time to hang up mouthguard
-2 Taylor...better release him now
-1. Mateo...please dragons, eels whoever, just sign him up

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Also had a 40/20 that was disgracefully U-turned.

What gets me is that the video ref can't rule on a forward pass because the camera angles & lens can supposedly be misleading, so why the hell should he able overrule the touchie on that call? At least the horizontal lines on the field are more or less parallel with the direction of a pass. Not the case with a long distance kick.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I loved Elliott's post-match comment when they were talking about referees.

Journo (talking about referee errors): "Is it anything personal against the Warriors? Or it's just unlucky that it's happened to you guys three weeks in a row?"

Elliott: "You should ask the referees boss, he's an ex-Warriors coach. Ask him how he felt about it. I reckon that's the best way to direct that question."

:clap:

Iafeta

Referee
Anderson won't respond. Hes a gutless wonder. Firstly in no way shape or form should Perenara be refereeing either the Warriors or Storm. Remember Justin Morgan was reputedly interviewed for the Warriors head coaches role. He should never be a video ref in a Warriors or Raiders game. I watched Elliott's press conference. Best Warriors press conference in 7 or 8 years. Everything he said was spot on. The refereeing at critical junctures this year in Warriors has been a absolute disgrace.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Refs taking the easy way out, they know it will be shit storm if they make a certain call against certain teams. In other words its easy to be kicked when your down. Parra know what I'm talking about.