What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Titans

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - Matulino - prototype prop, went forward all day, quick play the balls as always and made a monster hit right where it mattered.
2 - Johnson - genrally great kicking, crafty try and a very skilful intercept.
1 - Vatuvei - proves why having a 112kg winger is a good thing in the wet, massive metres plus a well worked try and should've been two if the video ref wasn't blind.

-3 The refs - we copped some horrendous calls, luckily they didn't matter.
-2 Mateo - Undid Maloney;s good work with a dropped ball after the best 40/20 ever, then gave away a penalty and no offloads... hes a dry track player.
-1 nobody else deserves it.

Great team effort, Benry was a big improvement, JRo was solid, and the best thing was our willingness to pull things in and play to the conditions. I think a wet track was what we really needed.

Shock_Kay

Juniors
3. S.j
2. Maloney
1. Mannering
i thought this game was controlled brilliantly from our halves also honourable mention to nathan friend apart from his pass that was intercepted i thought he had his nest game yet fr us.. Directed the play well gets better with every game

Shock_Kay

Juniors
One thing that improved that was there tonight and was non existant the previous three weeks the word "URGENCY" we were detirmined that was what i thought the main difference in the other performances

Warmess

Juniors
3: Mutts. Don't think I've seen a better prop so far this year. What Mutts is now was Clearys finest moment.
2: Sj. Controlled the game well and more than chipped in his own pieces.
1. Locke. His ball playing has come a long way, and he just does so much work off the ball.

Friend and Maloney could easily be the 1 pointers too.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
3 = Johnson
2 = Maloney
1 = Friend

Admittingly, the halves could do their thing, because the forwards stepped up. But they did their thing well. And Friend had a monster game as well, he really gave it to his former club and that little shit Sharmar.

vvvrulz

Coach
3: Johnson - Looks every bit the second coming of Stacey Jones, and some.
2: Friend - Best game so far and good to see him making strong dummy half runs.
1: Mannering - Strong as ever.

-1: Martel - Gave away cheap penalties and the odd poor pass. Reminded me of his form in early 2011.

Random observations:
- Manu has lost a lot of gas, should have gone all the way there.
- JRro was strictly average at best, but it will be enough to keep Inu away.
- Dale Husband is just awful. "maaaanuuuu maaaaaanuuuuu"

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
- Dale Husband is just awful. "maaaanuuuu maaaaaanuuuuu"

I'm warming to him. That bit was a bit sad, but generally he called the game pretty well. And I love the fact that our commentators have unapologetically kiwi accents, f**k the Aussie whingers who complain aout that.

Micistm

Bench
Matulino- Johnson- Mannering

Well done guys, good improvement without still being top drawer. But yet more good signs. Openly admit points to Mannering sentimental for his special game! ;-)

One Warrior

Bench
3. Johnson
2. Matulino
1. Friend

Nathan Friend definitely stood up today against his old club, honourable mentions to Maloney, Mannering & Locke.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
- Manu has lost a lot of gas, should have gone all the way there.

Dunno about that, think it was a bit of deceptive camerawork. Zillman was always in a good position to get there but you couldn't even see him coming until the last second.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dunno about that, think it was a bit of deceptive camerawork. Zillman was always in a good position to get there but you couldn't even see him coming until the last second.

Yeah I thought that too. And the commentators were full of it, the front rower wouldn't be got him if Zillman hadn't got there first.

Brando

Juniors
1. Without a doubt was Taylor. 50+ tackles and showed he can be a ball player too. He was Luck with ball skills.
2. Johnson. Steered the ship brilliantly.
3. Mats. Very impressive, yet again.

Honourable mention to Ropo for stepping up in defence, he showed a real hunger and pride and he made some good metres too. And to Dale Husband. It may be the drunk Kiwi in me but I reckon his accent and pronounciations make the Kiwi home games feel all that more, well, Kiwi!

ozbash

Referee
:p
3 = Johnson
2 = Maloney
1 = Friend

Admittingly, the halves could do their thing, because the forwards stepped up. But they did their thing well. And Friend had a monster game as well, he really gave it to his former club and that little shit Sharmar.
O
3 -Mr Matulino
2- Mr Henry
1- SJ

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
3 - Johnson
2 - Friend
1 - Maloney (apparently he missed 9 tackles. o_O)

Hon mentions to Big Ben, Benry, Rusty and Louisi.

Ta'ai looked so much more at home when they shifted him to the edges at the backend of the game.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Very hard this week.

3. Matulino - laid the platform
2. Taylor - as said above, Luck + attack.
1. Mannering.

Big praise for all the others. The sparks are appearing.

Latest posts