What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1's for Round 1 Manly vs Raiders

Paullyboy

Coach
Are you serious? He touched it 2 or 3 times and dropped it 2 or 3 times. One gave them the ball to go on for a try, the other cost us a try when he dropped it with the line wide open.

Worst player in our club by a country mile.

Macko8

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Are you serious? He touched it 2 or 3 times and dropped it 2 or 3 times. One gave them the ball to go on for a try, the other cost us a try when he dropped it with the line wide open.

Worst player in our club by a country mile.

true that...he should of followed his brother away from canberra.
Elliot doesnt seem to wanna get it through his thick head that mogg and howell are our new 2006 nuffies.
Im hoping and i dont say this with very much confidence,but i hope to see Ale,Chalk and Milne replacing mogg and howell in the weeks to come and frawley and n.smith will be putting pressure on as well when they return from injury.

Timbo

Staff member
Howell is our best outside back in defence and in support play (excluding Schif of course.) bar none.

hrundi99

First Grade
His defence was very strong and I can only remember one dropped ball, though it was an important one.

PB's leading the negos now I see.

thickos

First Grade
3 - Woolford. He was awesome, dynamic and provided good delivery to the backs.

2 - Raston. Loved the hard yards up the middle. Uncle Johnny was a proud man on the hill.

1 - Thompson. Sensational. Can't believe some don't rate him.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont want to be the leader of the nego's, but then again I just hate seeing Howell in the team ahead of any player, let alone some of the talent we have in Ale and Chalk.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Sounds to me like Howell is just the new boogs, in that he's a scapegoat for all that goes wrong. He wasn't a standout but I still think he played OK.

jed

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
Sounds to me like Howell is just the new boogs, in that he's a scapegoat for all that goes wrong. He wasn't a standout but I still think he played OK.
Nah, it was still Elliott's fault :p

Panjabi

Juniors
Interesting to see the players that received the 321s vary in opinion to the Dally M points for the game.

Manly Vs Canberra
3- Clinton Schifcoske
2- Jason Croker
1- Steve Bell

Timbo

Staff member
Except Howell is a decent player.

Some people need someone to pick on even when all 17 are doing well!

Paullyboy

Coach
Timbo said:
Except Howell is a decent player.

Some people need someone to pick on even when all 17 are doing well!

Obviously you have a soft spot for Howell, because otherwise I cant see how you justify him having anything close to a decent game on the weekend.

I personally didnt mind him for most of last season, untill I realised how much better we could be doing there.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I just watched the game on TV last night and I don't see how people think he had a bad game. He had passes that lead to breaks and his defence was impressive. He's always first to meet the ball carrier whan we kick downfield and more often than not makes the tackle.

Call his kick dead a brain explosion, but I think that it was a good decision as we had turned the Manly defence right around and if he had taken the tackle, we would have lost all of that momentum. Before you say he should have passed right, the winger would have been wrapped up for sure.

paulquinn49

Bench
Dang Ben I didnt think you would be a Howell fan. Great to see some support for out new scapegoat. It has to be someone I guess.

Howell Pride!

Boing Boing

Juniors
Ah well, we needed the token supporter.

I've always been a fan. He's always there in support when a break is made and as I said above, is always the quickest chaser of the kicks. There's no need to have a total superstar on every square metre of the field. The defence of both the suggested Howell replacements, Ale and Milne is questionable at best, no matter how well they run the ball.