What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 days and I am feeling better....but the what if's are kilking me..

THE HOG

Juniors
Have been feeling better but the time just before sleep is crap.

I keep thinking what if's....

Anyone else?

not yet but i haven't seen a replay yet and will tonight on fox sports so that may change things.
i think i have come to stage in my life now where i just accept things where as in the past i used to get very pissed off and yell etc. maybe it the blood pressure medication making me a bit more mellow.

yy_cheng

Coach
ha, been disappointed too many times to let it bug me for too long. Got over it in 1 hr but I will not watch the replay.

yy_cheng

Coach
REALLY in 1 hour?:?

Yup.

I live in Hong Kong.

I don't have cable and went to my brother's house to watch it. He's a doggies fan btw so wasn't interested.

I was really down in the first half but when Grothe scored, I thought Hell Yeah, here comes the Hayne Train.

But the Inglis try really put me back in my seat.

After the game, I just left to go home.

Walked to the train station and was gloomy. Tried to sing to myself : You hear a tremendous roar.... but couldn't finish it.

Got home, went the LU forums and read and posted.

But after that, I was ok. I could sleep no problems and didn't have any Eel Hangover.

Huh, maybe coz I am not an emotional person.

What's done is done.
What's dusted is dusted.
Can't be changed so no point moping about it.

Move on is my motto.

However, I would've cried or would've been emotional if we did win and they carried Hindy and Caylo off. I watched when Pricey and the Crow (with his poked eye) was carried off.

But bad things I just wipe from my mind. :D

- Dark ages 87-96
- 97, 2001, 2005, 2007

Too many disappointments in the past so I guessed I am hardened for it.

The POLL about GOD thread also takes your mind off things. Interesting thread

THE HOG

Juniors
I suppose taking some time out the mourn helps.....

The replay is on Fox right now and I can't bear to watch it again. The first time I watched the game was bad enough. Watching the game is hard, only because we lost.

I do take solace in the fact we made the GF from nowhere and feel like next year we will win it.

Love

yy_cheng

Coach
I suppose taking some time out the mourn helps.....

The replay is on Fox right now and I can't bear to watch it again. The first time I watched the game was bad enough. Watching the game is hard, only because we lost.

I do take solace in the fact we made the GF from nowhere and feel like next year we will win it.

Love

You know how you get over it?

Hug your kid, Hug your wife, spend time with them and think about how lucky you are that you can do that.

Hell, go hug RJ and Suity!!!

THE HOG

Juniors
Spot on....

My 4 year old went to the game and he thought the Helicpoter before kick off was very cool. Also the train ride...

yy_cheng

Coach
Spot on....

My 4 year old went to the game and he thought the Helicpoter before kick off was very cool. Also the train ride...

Lol, my 4 y.o nephew saw the helicopter with the ball and quickly went and grabbed is toy model helicopter and screamed, i've got one too, i've got one too and put it in front of the telly next to the shot of the real one!

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
What if... Any one of the four players standing around watching Greg Inglis take that bomb had of reacted quicker?

What if... Someone else had got the ball on the 5th, instead of poor old Todd Lowrie?

What if... Archer the idiot hadn't of blown a BS penalty with 2 minutes to go, thus ruining Parra's slim chance of a comeback.

But most importantly I wonder what if the boy's hadn't of rallied so magnificently late in the season to give me one of the best 4 weeks of my football supporting life.

Despite the disappointment of losing a GF, I wouldn't swap that last memory for anything.

i just watched the replay and we won the penalty count 5-2 but it should have been 15-2. they had 3 markers at least 4 times, holding down in the ruck after they were called to get off and stayed on, there was at least 3 forwards passes from dummy half and thats just the 1st half.
But the bottom line is we missed to one on one tackles in the first half that led to tries and one in the 2nd and that inglis try from the kick, Robson and Smith just watched it all unfold and didn't try to go for the ball. Hayne was too far away and had no chance to get there. We let our selves down. But the way we made meters and scored points in the 2nd half if we had started better we would have run over them, we played all over them in the last 20mins.
I hope the boys are gutted and it eats at them all summer and they come back more motivated then ever and win the whole dam thing next year.

Hanscholo

Bench
Have been feeling better but the time just before sleep is crap.

I keep thinking what if's....

Anyone else?

You were outplayed, no need to go through any what if's, be happy you got that far, played so well, did yourselves proud and were beaten by a better side. You cant ask for more, sure winning is nice but going out in week one like a side full of kids on a windy day is far worse. In fact all you should really be upset about is the fact that Nathan Rees pinned his hat to your band wagon, came with the 'parramattitude' them subsequently disappeared when it went foul.

Last edited:

THE HOG

Juniors
Reading everyones posts has made me feel a lot better.....

Thanks.

I am stoked we made the GF, what a ride.

Latest posts