What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 games in NZ, 3 games in AUS

Glen

Bench
carlnz said:
We will get two Tests against GB and possibly one vs France in NZ.

One Test will be played in Otago, one in Wellington and one test in Auckland - this has all but been confirmed.

In 2007 we will get the ANZAC test (Auckland) then a Match against Australia in Wellington before the Kiwis depart on the all golds tour.

If NZRL does take one of the Kiwis match against Australia (which they will i have no doubts) that means we could have Four Test in NZ in 2006!!

I would set it out like this:

Kiwis vs Australia in Wellington (25,000 - 30,000)
Kiwis vs GB in Otago (10,000 - 25,000)
Kiwis vs GB in Auckland (20,000 - 30,000) and
Kiwis vs France in Manawatu (7,000 - 15,000)

I think all those crowds are very realistic, Otago is a funny one because you never can be to sure how many people will turn up! Manawatu needs a game because the amount of growth League has had, and plus it was 11 years ago France last play the Kiwis there in palmy.
I used to live in Dunedin several years ago and there seemed to be very little interest in rugby league at all. That was before the Warriors experienced any success though and they were at least getting all Warriors games on free to air TV then. Still, I doubt NZ vs GB would draw a good crowd at Carisbrook

Unknown Pleasures said:
I think it is crazy to play a game in Melbourne and risk a small crowd when there are so many other venues which could get good crowds.
Also playing the final at Aussie is a much better option than at Telstra, where even 40,000 looks like a small crowd.

Like the small crowd you got in Sydney this year???? :roll: :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Melbourne might deserve it, but Newy and Townsville deserve it more. In both cities, a crowd of at least 28k can be expected.
Check your facts MB. DFS this year held only 22500. The upgrade is expected to bring it up to about 25000. And Newy, that only holds about 26000, doesn't it?

Edit - posted before I read K2004's reply.

Latest posts