What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Good Reasons Why We Should Keep MONTE

Is Monty Betham worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE MINGSTER

Juniors
Betham is an average lock. I don't care if he's loyal or not, that only shows up off field. When he misses a tackle, or fails to cart the ball up with any authority - will his loyalty and passion for the club gain extra metres and more tackles? I highly doubt it. He will struggle to maintain a spot in the starting lineup, even with Hohaia coming off the bench. In terms of his defensive ability, Koopu and Anderson have filled that void exceptionally this year.

Iafeta

Referee
Humphrey said:
I Didnt See One Good Reason To Keep Him Last Night Not Saying What He Did Was Anything Wrong Just Feel Hes Taking Up A Jersey That Could Be Better Put To Use

I agree.

I would rather though have him involved with the club OFF FIELD, his enthusiasm and love for the club does rub off on the other players.

If it was pre- those horrific injuries, I'd love for Monty to stay on field, but he now has little pace and get up and go.

Iafeta

Referee
THE MINGSTER said:
Betham is an average lock. I don't care if he's loyal or not, that only shows up off field. When he misses a tackle, or fails to cart the ball up with any authority - will his loyalty and passion for the club gain extra metres and more tackles? I highly doubt it. He will struggle to maintain a spot in the starting lineup, even with Hohaia coming off the bench. In terms of his defensive ability, Koopu and Anderson have filled that void exceptionally this year.

We've all seen players come and go - either on a retirement parade, or a top up in cash, and really not give a rats ar$e about the club they've joined. Those players have still been phenomonally talented, but they weren't loyal or dedicated.

Take Joe Gulavao, it wasn't the right environment for him. The stories go that he wasn't committed at training at the start of the new regime - so off he went. Adn he changed immensely. He suddenly had a career to make, and good support from Puletua and the Penrith Panthers.

I'm not saying Monty Betham deserves a spot in the side, all I'm saying is loyalty and committment to the task at hand are important. That part is irreplacable. Ergo, I'd be thrilled for Monty to stay at the club in an off field capacity.