What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 match ODI series - India v England, In India, January 2017

Tommy Smith

Referee
England have scored 716 runs over two games without a win lol

Still, great chase from England. It's amazing how far we've come from the last World Cup where our ODI team ethos was still stuck in the late 1990s.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah, pretty decent chase by England. Its over 2 years away but the next world cup will have some strong teams in India, England, SA and Australia.

England's weakness is their death bowling. Full tosses galore trying to bowl yorkers.

JJ

Immortal
England have scored 716 runs over two games without a win lol

Still, great chase from England. It's amazing how far we've come from the last World Cup where our ODI team ethos was still stuck in the late 1990s.

Baz showed them the way

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think you're a little star struck by Baz. His approach to cricket was hardly revolutionary.

Attack as a batsman - not the first and not the most successful. When it came off it was spectacular but when he played the big boys it was embarrassing.
Attacking fields - more show than actual results. No point putting in 4 slips and 2 gullies if your bowlers are goofy and gumby.
There was also this fielding ploy where 3 or 4 players would all chase after a ball to show how dedicated they were to the cause. What it showed me was a waste of energy.
Being a nice guy and playing cricket in the right spirit - the nz media lapped it up and Saint Baz's post cricket prospects skyrocketed. I certainly believe he was a nice guy, but then again i also left a stocking out on Christmas eve.

The truth is if England copied NZ then it means they copied Australia. Every team continues to chase us in the one day game.

Baz's legacy is a competent slogger who occasionally did well but not when it really counted. :fish:

JJ

Immortal
I think you're a little star struck by Baz. His approach to cricket was hardly revolutionary.

Attack as a batsman - not the first and not the most successful. When it came off it was spectacular but when he played the big boys it was embarrassing.
Attacking fields - more show than actual results. No point putting in 4 slips and 2 gullies if your bowlers are goofy and gumby.
There was also this fielding ploy where 3 or 4 players would all chase after a ball to show how dedicated they were to the cause. What it showed me was a waste of energy.
Being a nice guy and playing cricket in the right spirit - the nz media lapped it up and Saint Baz's post cricket prospects skyrocketed. I certainly believe he was a nice guy, but then again i also left a stocking out on Christmas eve.

The truth is if England copied NZ then it means they copied Australia. Every team continues to chase us in the one day game.

Baz's legacy is a competent slogger who occasionally did well but not when it really counted. :fish:

Copying Australia in some respects, and not others... Seems Australia is somewhat star struck with McCullum at the moment anyway

Bazal

Post Whore

He was a nice guy who played cricket in the right spirit....except when he wasn't and he didn't. Ask the Sri Lankans what they reckon about BMac and his sportsmanship....

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he was far from the absolute gentleman of the game some would have you believe. He was a tough, competitive bastard and he played to win. Anything else about nice guys and epic sportsmanship is media bollocks

JJ

Immortal
He never said he was ffs, some media liked what he's become, and it annoys Australians, funny really

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
I don't think he's ever said he was always that way?

Like I say, funny that being decent is so irritating, no Gilchrist fans here?

Bazal

Post Whore
He never said he was ffs, some media liked what he's become, and it annoys Australians, funny really

That's essentially exactly what I said...it's media bullshit. You seem to be the irritated party if I'm honest