What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 month countdown.........

Legion

Juniors
Im pretty confident 99% of RL supporters are not as ignorant as you lol.
You still whining like a spoilt child who can't have his way?
You can't insult 99% of RL supporters & then backpedal your way out of it by pretending that anyone outside of WA is the slightest bit interested. We simply don't care because you're an irrelevance.

Sorry Red but the 'Everyone's a winner, every child wins a prize' mentality doesn't work in the world of grown-ups. Time to grow up & put on your big boy pants.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You still whining like a spoilt child who can't have his way?
You can't insult 99% of RL supporters & then backpedal your way out of it by pretending that anyone outside of WA is the slightest bit interested. We simply don't care because you're an irrelevance.

Sorry Red but the 'Everyone's a winner, every child wins a prize' mentality doesn't work in the world of grown-ups. Time to grow up & put on your big boy pants.

You don’t care yet here you are lol
What’s it like to be as ignorant about the game you purport to be a fan of as you are? Do you know they play RL in Brisbane? Or how about in Huddersfield? Do you know the game is the national game of Png? Or that WA once played against a Gt Britain touring side? Or that the game is starting to take off in Spain?
It’s a big wide world out there mate, you might like to pay it a visit.

Legion

Juniors
You don’t care yet here you are lol
What’s it like to be as ignorant about the game you purport to be a fan of as you are? Do you know they play RL in Brisbane? Or how about in Huddersfield? Do you know the game is the national game of Png? Or that WA once played against a Gt Britain touring side? Or that the game is starting to take off in Spain?
It’s a big wide world out there mate, you might like to pay it a visit.
Do you even understand the significance of the word 'irrelevant'? Or 'underwhelming'?
When WA actually has something to offer in the way of a positive contribution to the game itself, then get back to me.

PNG actually has a footy team that has a real crack. Plenty of skill the last time I saw them play.
They deserved the win against the Lions. Good on 'em.
You see, that's called contributing to the game. They've built rugby league to the point where they can actually field a team that wins games.

No, you can't build a top team out of your touch-footy teams. That's just silly.
Maybe you should learn more about the game itself & what's required to cure yourself of your pathetically unrealistic expectations & childish sense of entitlement.

MugaB

Coach
Mate it seems your against any type of expansion, maybe you need to post elsewhere that isn't about expansion, maybe a thread about NON expansion
"Not needing any more clubs added"
I feel all we are doing here is talking about perth and how it's not good enough to have a team, when i obviously see Melbourne storm, who mind you was built on the rosters of Perth Reds and Hunter Mariners.
We had teams in key areas that most of us agree should have a team, but superleague and ARL both bungled that all up. 1995 was a 20 team comp that had a perth and 2nd brissy team, it already had gold coast, and years later we had Melbourne & Adelaide too, which is exactly where we are trying to get back to. If we want to sustain all our current clubs we need B2, WA & SA.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Who generates all that money in the first place? It's certainly not from revenue that was generated by Titan v Brisbane/Melbourne/Cowboy games for instance. No one is interested.
It's mainly NSW clubs that generate all that money in the first place.
On an individual basis the Broncos are the club that generate the largest portion of the money, after that Melbourne, NZ, and a couple of the larger Sydney clubs, after that it gets hard to tell, but your average regional club is bringing in more than the smallest of Sydney clubs.
Yes I'm sure that there's plenty of "potential backers" who would love to jump on the bandwagon to suck resources dry.
They are not offering anything from the goodness of their hearts nor for the benefit of the game.
No-one ever told you not to expect something for nothing?
You do realise that most backers/owners don't actually make money in professional sport right?

Do you think that the owners and backers of Sydney clubs are only in it to siphon funds from the NRL as well? Like is Rusty sitting in some office moving money from Souths bank accounts to a secret Swiss bank account as we speak? lol.

People buy/support sports clubs for all sorts of reasons, the vast majority don't get rich doing it, in fact they normally lose a fortune doing it, but some do get kick backs in the form of being able to use the team as a vehicle to advertise their products and other businesses, but a lot do indeed own/support clubs simply because they want a local team and/or for it to do well, or because they want the prestige of being able to say they own a team and are on the inside.

BTW, who do you support.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you even understand the significance of the word 'irrelevant'? Or 'underwhelming'?
When WA actually has something to offer in the way of a positive contribution to the game itself, then get back to me.

PNG actually has a footy team that has a real crack. Plenty of skill the last time I saw them play.
They deserved the win against the Lions. Good on 'em.
You see, that's called contributing to the game. They've built rugby league to the point where they can actually field a team that wins games.

No, you can't build a top team out of your touch-footy teams. That's just silly.
Maybe you should learn more about the game itself & what's required to cure yourself of your pathetically unrealistic expectations & childish sense of entitlement.

I’ll just leave this here for the ignorant.

BB1E5008-DB8E-4D4E-B624-395C9FBB09AB.jpeg

tri_colours

Juniors
I've been though this with you before, but I'll explain it to you one last time.

The NRL gives the clubs a $13m dollar grant each year, that completely covers the cost of the cap and leaves the clubs with $3m change in their pocket. That creates a situation where clubs don't have to be successful businesses to survive anymore, because the NRL is their Sugar Daddy that makes sure that they'll never go broke.

There're multiple clubs in the competition (and not only Sydney clubs BTW) who would be struggling right now, but aren't because their Sugar Daddy has them covered, and not only is that rewarding mediocrity (or failure) and creating a false sense of stability, but the NRL can't actually afford to be the clubs Sugar Daddy and has had to eat into funds that were earmarked for the grassroots, funds that the grassroots desperately needed

I have heard many of yor rants before , but your sugar daddy theory? I believe that is a new one.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
I have heard many of yor rants before , but your sugar daddy theory? I believe that is a new one.

It's not a "theory", I didn't come up with it, and I've explained it to you multiple times, so it isn't even new to you.

It's also totally factually accurate, but if you want to deny reality feel free, it wouldn't be the first time that you have.

tri_colours

Juniors
On an individual basis the Broncos are the club that generate the largest portion of the money, after that Melbourne, NZ, and a couple of the larger Sydney clubs, after that it gets hard to tell, but your average regional club is bringing in more than the smallest of Sydney clubs.

You do realise that most backers/owners don't actually make money in professional sport right?

Do you think that the owners and backers of Sydney clubs are only in it to siphon funds from the NRL as well? Like is Rusty sitting in some office moving money from Souths bank accounts to a secret Swiss bank account as we speak? lol.

People buy/support sports clubs for all sorts of reasons, the vast majority don't get rich doing it, in fact they normally lose a fortune doing it, but some do get kick backs in the form of being able to use the team as a vehicle to advertise their products and other businesses, but a lot do indeed own/support clubs simply because they want a local team and/or for it to do well, or because they want the prestige of being able to say they own a team and are on the inside.

BTW, who do you support.

Broncos are listed on the stock market . So there shareholders have a few more concerns other than putting a team on the field each year.

NZ pay the NRL extra for TV rights, but do they generate much money besides that?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Broncos are listed on the stock market . So there shareholders have a few more concerns other than putting a team on the field each year.

NZ pay the NRL extra for TV rights, but do they generate much money besides that?

nrl gets around $20mill a year from nztv and pays warriors $13mill. I think we can say they are pulling their weight lol

The Great Dane

First Grade
While the 15 Oz clubs bring in over 360m a year. So there not doing to bad themselves!
LOL, no.

$360mil is for all of the NRL's Australian TV rights, that includes SOO, certain internationals, and other competitions/games that are part of the deal, and the Warriors add value to that deal as well. So no the 15 Australian clubs don't collectively create $360mil a year in broadcasting rights value.

Exactly how much they do create isn't a number that is publicly available, and not all franchises are made equal anyway, so even if we did know the collective yearly value of the Telstra premiership's broadcasting rights we still wouldn't know the clubs individual values to the broadcasting rights.

tri_colours

Juniors
My Bad - NZ does have some presence in Australia .

Without the 15 Oz clubs(and NZ) Origin - even 9's etc. doesn't exist. So were is the doubt?
And if you include internationals its 400m a year or 380m plus the NZ money.

The amount of time the Warriors spend in the good timeslots and how there games rate on PTV in Australia must give some indication of there worth to the networks in Australia.

Ive noticed plenty of Oz jerseys at the warriors home game, so would all that 100m that NZtv bring be due to the warriors or do some NZ like to watch other teams?

Last edited:

tri_colours

Juniors
My Bad - NZ does have some presence in Australia .

Without the 15 Oz clubs(and NZ) Origin - even 9's etc. doesn't exist. so where is the DOUBT?

And international games / tv rights are included its 400m or 380m - the $20m Sky pay

The amount of time the Warriors spend in the good timeslots and how there games rate on PTV in Australia must give some indication.

Ive noticed plenty of Oz jerseys at the warriors home game, so would all that 100m that NZ tv bring be due to the warriors or do some NZ like to watch other teams?

Latest posts