What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Saints in Kangaroo train-on squad

Anonymous

Juniors
From www.leagueunlimited.com

The first round of players have been named in the 2004 Australian Kangaroos train-on squad. They include players who are with teams now out of NRL contention.

The train-on squad so far:
LUKE BAILEY (St George Illawarra), PHIL BAILEY (Cronulla), BRYAN FLETCHER (Souths), MARK GASNIER (St George Illawarra), JOSH HANNAY (North Qld), NATHAN HINDMARSH (Parramatta), BRETT KIMMORLEY (Cronulla), JAMIE LYON (Parramatta), STEVE MENZIES (Manly), MATT SING (North Qld), JOHN SKANDALIS (Wests Tigers), SHAUN TIMMINS (St George Illawarra).

The Kangaroo tour kicks off in October with the first Test match between Great Britain and Australia being played on November 8th at JJB Stadium, Wigan.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mr Pedantic here:

I am quite sure that JJB Stadium is in Wigan. Unless there's a whole Telstra Stadium/Dome scenario thing going on over there with sponsors naming rights.....

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Good on the Saints boys but I'd rather them rest & sort out their own fittness worries before embarking on a tough training program & possible tours.

PPS: I thought Fletch pulled out of the 'Roos tour to get married?!?!

Anonymous

Juniors
Youre probably right. The tour intinerary said Manchester but it didnt sound right to me either. I'll move in to make a swifty change to that. Just don't tell anyone. ;-)

skywalker77

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
PPS: I thought Fletch pulled out of the 'Roos tour to get married?!?!

Yeah I read he isn't going, he planned his wedding thinking he wouldn't get selected, haha. Although if you listen to Roy and HG, according to them he is getting married at halftime in one of the matches :lol:

Isn't Bails having an ear operation or something?