What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 x ODI's - Australia v West Indies @ Bridgetown July 2021

TheParraboy

Staff member
All 3 matches are D/N over there, so 430am start for each match here AEST

Wed 21st
Fri 23rd
Sun 25th

Finchy could be out

Enter self confessed Mr Fix it "I can play anywhere poorly" The Nugget Wade
.....and by the looks as captain as well.

Australia will monitor the fitness of captain Aaron Finch ahead of the ODI series against West Indies after he picked up a knee injury during the final T20I in St Lucia.
Finch twisted his knee in the field and was significantly hampered during the Australian chase, especially when running between the wickets. His innings of 34 was ended by a spectacular catch at long-on by Fabian Allen as Australia fell 16 short to concede the series 4-1.

Matthew Wade could potentially lead Australia if Finch were to be absent, having stood in for him during the T20I series against India last year, although there isn't a permanent vice-captain on the tour.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think it is time we throw the "C" to the Bison for the shorter forms of the game..

TheParraboy

Staff member
Carey named as captain

26th ODI captain for Oz

Carey will lead an inexperienced ODI team against the Windies, with Josh Philippe, Ben McDermott and Riley Meredith all in the mix to make their ODI debuts.

His vice-captain will be announced on Wednesday morning (AEST) ahead of the series opener.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Reminder the 1st ODI begins tomorrow morning from 430am, for all you early birds...

TheParraboy

Staff member
We won toss and are batting

3 keepers in the side

0/50 - 10 overs

Philippe 39
McDermott 10

TheParraboy

Staff member
4/171 - 38 overs

Turner 28 (28)
Carey 42 (64)

Look to get 100 off the last 12 overs? about 8 an over..